Search the forum,

Discuss Suggestion - separate section for oil in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHPES

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Sure this has been mentioned before, but how about a seaprate section for oil heating? There's one for gas but not oil.

I'd second that - perhaps to include solid fuel as some systems use both and, if we're honest, the country isn't saturated with oil and solid fuel installations!

I meant that the country as a whole isn't saturated. I don't do gas as there are more than enough oil jobs where I live.

I agree with oil thats all I deal with but I am not so sure on solid fuel, you have to be HETAS registered with solid fuel and as it is an uncontrollable heat source someone may come unstuck.

Think we had asked this before, but I'm definitely up for an oil section.

iam doing oft 101 at the minute bring on an oil fourm dont go to the gas side use the oil luke

excellent idea for oil. I also intend doing my oil asap

Bumping this as a hint and reminder. Is it worth us continuing to ask?

Also a suggestion, while I'm here.

It might be worth an extra paragraph in your initial email to newly registered users, to tell them that if they ask a question during a weekday evening they can often receive a response within 30 minutes. It's a little frustrating (if that's the right word) for one of us to be able to answer a question or provide some help within 10 minutes of a new person asking a question then finding they don't return until the next day or two. Only a suggestion.

But the call for a new oil section still stands!!

Oil section - yes please - rural Wales - no gas

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

An Oil section would be great, even better if we could do one for solid fuel too :)

That would be good, I don't want my nice clean gas equipment getting contaminated with your mucky oil and solid fuel stuff.

Who is the guy who set up the forum? Perhaps he's no longer active?

This is being looked into and discussed

We were thinking maybe a ''Oil and solid fuel forum'' any members who think this is a good idea to have on the forums please post there views here,the more backing the better :hair:

I think it's a great idea!
Would help keep threads from getting lost in amongst the other sub forums and make it easier and quicker for people to get answers for their questions :)

Keep Oil and Solid Fuel under 2 separate headings as they are quite different beasts

Great idea... I cant believe there's not one already! Renewables has its own room already, and I think oil has waited long enough!

Its adding new forums like this that keep this place the best plumbing forum around!! =]

Keep Oil and Solid Fuel under 2 separate headings as they are quite different beasts

I agree with this too. I appreciate that there aren't many solid fuel queries (not many oil either!) but ventilation rules and controllability are more vital for solid fuel and much more easily misunderstood. It could be that some readers might muddle oil and solid fuel up thinking they're the same sort of thing (ie not gas!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Suggestion - separate section for oil in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock