Search the forum,

Discuss Suitable combi boiler or unvented? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all. A 4 bed house with one main bathroom and one ensuite. Would you always try to install an unvented HW cylinder or a decent sized combi?

Also, going from a low pressure system to a sealed system do you advise customer on the risks of possible leaks or what?

Thanks.

3 options

Unvented
Storage combi
Or 42kw combi

I know which two I would go for

But all depends on your incoming water supply

And also even get them to sign a disclaimer

Potentially a big demand on HW , IMO its defo stored hot water i.e unvented , you wouldnt really install gravity HW anymore especially if theres plenty baths . But storage combis are gaining in popularity.

A combi will work if they know the limitations.
Storage combi better
Unvented is the rolls Royce if they have flow and pressure

A Family home i always advise a boiler with unvented if the supply is up to it , combis are good but have their limitations and yes make it 100 percent clear if upgrading there is a possibility of problems with old pipes in floors ect all the best . kop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Suitable combi boiler or unvented? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock