Search the forum,

Discuss Surface mounted copper in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfgs

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I have an install job to do in a curved bay where the pipework will all be surface mounted and on show. I am at a loss to know how to bend a full length in a curve to match the bay! Anyone done anything similar?

It has to be spot on and look good. I have 3 radiators to fit around this huge bay.

how much are we talking bend wise?

something like this?

DFF7RPbXUAA4wmA.jpg:large

Last edited:
Yeah similar but the full run is about 15m with tee offs for rads. But that's the effect I am after! What do you suggest?

would need a drawing to see what your on about tbh

So the wall is basically like a semi circle with an circumference of about 25m roughly. I have to run about a 15m run around this huge semi circle with surface mounted pipes. So full 3m lengths need to be bent to match the curve of the wall. If that makes sense?

Did this in a pub bay window about 30years ago.
Use a 15mm bending spring, fasten on a piece of earth wire. Mark off measurements on the earth cable and slide it in from each end. Mark of where the spring needs to be and bend with your knee until it’s the same as the bay. Slide the spring out , a bit at a time and repeat the bend until it’s all the same.
Hope this makes some sense.

Are you having the rads bent to the same curve?

Its not in the job spec as being curved radiators, so I am assuming thet aren't. But the pipework is stated as being matched to the curve of the wall.

Its not in the job spec as being curved radiators, so I am assuming thet aren't. But the pipework is stated as being matched to the curve of the wall.

It's only a slow bend then. If you held a three meter length of tube across the bay with the ends touching it, how far away from the wall would the centre of that length be?
Just so I can see it in my minds eye!

It's only a slow bend then. If you held a three meter length of tube across the bay with the ends touching it, how far away from the wall would the centre of that length be?
Just so I can see it in my minds eye!

At a guess maybe 300-400mm max

bet you could do that with clips

You can still get 15 soft copper on a coil ?could work with plenty of clips . cheers kop

Why not bring pipes through floor to rads if your trying to make one big rad out of several it may not work unless linking top and bottom and then get cold at last rad ....brum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Surface mounted copper in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock