Search the forum,

Discuss Switchmaster 900 replaced with LP522 not working properly in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

paul6316

I have replaced an old switchmaster 900 with an LP522 and it doesn't seem to be working properly. I have wired the LP522 the same way as the switchmaster except that the switchmaster has 9 ways (from memory) and the LP522 has only six. On the switchmaster there were wires going to A and C and 4 earth wires. I have wired L, N, 1, 3 and 4 from the switchmaster (2 is not used) into the same on the 522 and then I just wired the two A's togethor and the two C's togethor (they are not connected to the LP522) and it is working fine except for the room stat that is not working so basically when the central heatibf comes on it will stay on until the controller turns off. The rads just stay hot.

Have I wired it up wrong?

Have I wired it up wrong?
Seems like you have.
The sw900 is wired different to a 522
The connections on a 522 are 1, hw off, 2, ch off, 3, hw on, 4, ch on
on a sw900 the connections are 1, ch on, 2, ch off, 3, hw on 4, hw off and A, B, and C are used as spare connections.

Thanks very much for the quick reply, I will have a look tonight. I did think I had wired it in wrong, however you say that the sw900 has ch off wired to terminal 2 but there was definitely nothing attached to it. On the sw900 the wiring was as follows

n = 2 blues and a brown
l = 2 reds
1 = 1 red
2 = empty
A = 1 red and 1 black
B = earth
C = 2 yellows
3 = 1 yellow
4 = 1 blue

My guess is that the either the lives in A should be in 2?

regards

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Switchmaster 900 replaced with LP522 not working properly in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock