Search the forum,

Discuss Taking Oftec 50 , 101 , 105 and 600 in a couple of months in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

harrygashull

Gas Engineer
Im doing the Oftec 50 , 101 , 105 and 600 in a couple of months, has anyone got any recommendations as to books that will help?

Im also doing the LPG changeover course soon so any recommendations for books for that would be good too!

Cheers!

go buy a set of upto date oftec manuals, they will want to see them anyhow to give you a ticket and join oftec, its all in there. re lpg youll get a set of reading pamphlets when you do the changeover, read em its that easy.

What's 50?

As lame said get the books from Oftec, literally every thing you need is in there.

I would have thought the 50 course is not needed for someone like the OP who is in the trade and gas qualified.

My local training center said 50 not needed if already gas safe.

Cheers guys, Ill look at ordering the oftec bibles then lol

The 50 course was given by WB free so idk if they just might want to see if im competent and then if theyre happy just tell me not to bother going for the remaining days?

If it's at Worcester Bosch they supply the manuals in with course fees

You will generally get the books to use on the course, if oftec buy them after you have passed and completed the course as you then qualify for a discount hope that helps !

Oft 50 is pretty good introduction to oil if starting from fresh gives you chance to have a play with oil fired appliances, I found it informative and hands on, rather than the boredom of the theory orientated 101 etc.

Ye, it's also good as a reminder for anyone who's not done any oil for a while like me :)
Fairly easy though if you have an awareness of basic combustion principals and safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Taking Oftec 50 , 101 , 105 and 600 in a couple of months in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just an update to anyone who was following the thread on this site: Tify to gas engineer, what will it take? I got a DM from a user asking for an update, he like myself was gobsmaked at the level of abuse I got from asking a basic question. Thanks Tom for the DM, I managed to pass in 2019...
Replies
Views
Hi All I'm planning on replacing a couple of rads soon as they are far too small for the size of the room causing the room to take an age to heat up but they are all connected via what I assume is Hep2O nothing is labled on the pipes that route behind the rad just on the flap behind the rad...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I currently work in oil and gas industry working in North Sea and further afield operating on high pressure oil and gas plants. This line of work means I have on average 6+ months off a year, im thinking of training to become a domestic gas engineer in my time off to earn a bit extra...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
L
Im just wondering if anyone can give me some advice as had 2 plumbers round and still getting same issue. Ive recently loved into a new house and the heating system is doing something weird. It had a new worcester bosch boiler a couple of years ago and heating system seems in good order. But...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock