Search the forum,

Discuss Taking Out A 28mm Tee to Replace With Connector On Pipe With NO PLAY in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking Out A 28mm Tee to Replace With Connector On Pipe With No PLAY

How do i replace a 28mm tee with a connector when the pipes are rigid and fixed on both sides? I.E.. I can't pull the pipe together to get them into a push fit connector.

Do I replace a section with plastic pipe that will bend? Do I put two connectors in and a fresh piece of pipe and just work the new angles? Is there a special fitting for this situation?

Thank you!

You would need 2x slip fittings to allow you to put the pipe in place move slip fitting to correct place then solder them.

You need to cut the tee out and use "slip couplings" but they are only available in copper . Speedfit may make somthing that may do , not sure .

Depending on what type of 28mm solder couplers you have you may be able to file out the little indentation stop and make slip couplers out of the couplers.

I would prefer pushfit fittings as soldering onto old pipe with water in seems problematic.. Imagine steam and poor solder.

20170417_094100.jpg

If its imperial i.e. 1" copper rather than 28mm pushfit fitting will not seal properly & may require special fittings along with the slip fittings

One straight coupling a slip and and a reduced tee 28x28x15. Just make sure you haven't got imperial pipework.
If you have imperial you will need adaptors for 1" pipe then onto 28mm etc.

Dont use compression under floor or ceilings asking for trouble

That's 28mm not 1" so you should be fine

And which t would you like to remove ?

I can't see any real problem using soldered fittings there! I always manage.
And slip fittings if you have no movement.
Somebody has used all copper pipe with soldered fittings and you are now going to use inferior push fit, just because you think it too difficult IMO.
Get an experienced plumber who is used to working with soldered fittings to do it for you. Have it all drained for the plumber and that will save most of his/her time for the job. If you are sure there isn't going to be enough movement, then buy 4 slip fittings beforehand, as highly unlikely a plumber will carry them in 28mm. Sometimes it is best and cheaper to call in a pro.
Most water that doesn't drain from the pipes can be removed other methods easily.

Last edited:
How would you remove any water dribbling down the pipe? :)

If they are heating system pipes I would drain system well in advance so that most of the water will have drained away. If possible drain it a day or two before you do the work. Then just got to get rid of any water lying in pipes and in any dips near where you are soldering, like the pipe bent below and up into a tee. Usually blowing through pipes, or using a vetvac or a small bore piece of plastic tubing to syphon some water out will do the trick.

There looks to be just enough length of 15mm from the branch of the tee to put a brass stopend on. Pity about the poor soldering with the solder running down it though, but it could be removed

If they are heating system pipes I would drain system well in advance so that most of the water will have drained away. If possible drain it a day or two before you do the work. Then just got to get rid of any water lying in pipes and in any dips near where you are soldering, like the pipe bent below and up into a tee. Usually blowing through pipes, or using a vetvac or a small bore piece of plastic tubing to syphon some water out will do the trick.
Good advice thank you

Taking Out A 28mm Tee to Replace With Connector On Pipe With No PLAY

How do i replace a 28mm tee with a connector when the pipes are rigid and fixed on both sides? I.E.. I can't pull the pipe together to get them into a push fit connector.

Do I replace a section with plastic pipe that will bend? Do I put two connectors in and a fresh piece of pipe and just work the new angles? Is there a special fitting for this situation?

Thank you!

Hello one option you have is take out 28 mm tee if its copper you are fine get 2 28 mm copper connectors and with a round file and half round file use your files to file out the stop in the fittings this way it will push up on pipe then cut the length of 28mm pipe you need make sure you thin the ends of this pipe with solder mark were the stop is on the pipe from the solder connector and solder same with PVC same thing Dave01

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Taking Out A 28mm Tee to Replace With Connector On Pipe With NO PLAY in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock