Search the forum,

Discuss taking your son to work with you in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
They'd be sent to prison for that now! Brave kid tho. Maybe that's why kids today are such soft wusses!

Scary.
I checked that film out and seems it is from 1927.
That lad would be about 99 years old if he is still around today.

I take my youngest (9 years) to work when its convenient. Ive had him solder pipes a few times his glory moment was firing a boiler for the first time after he watched me install it

My dad had me changing cast iron gutters with him when I was 9 years old, he had me on ladders from 6-7, my mother wasn't happy but my dad said learn early it won't bother him later in life. Never bothered me at all, but now I'm getting on a bit, I do take my time.

My dad had me changing cast iron gutters with him when I was 9 years old, he had me on ladders from 6-7, my mother wasn't happy but my dad said learn early it won't bother him later in life. Never bothered me at all, but now I'm getting on a bit, I do take my time.

best way i found

If I was that young fella up the ladder..I would have needed long trousers and a strong pair of bicycle clip's..lol never been keen working at heights myself...regards Turnpin:nonod:

When you think about it, in 1927 it was probably the norm that your children followed in parents footsteps, don't forget while he was up on the spire, some of his mates would be down a mine, working in a foundry with molten metal. The lad up the ladder was probably the safest of the lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to taking your son to work with you in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock