Search the forum,

Discuss Tankless Toilet from Attic Tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have come across flushing systems in the past that did not comply with water bye law. I think they were american.
Basically a pipe from a CWSC to the flush connection of pan and a non concussive valve fitted in-line on a 1" pipe. If my memory is correct.
A WC cistern was known as a waste water preventer with overflow to make people aware of any ball valve issues.
The device mentioned may well be compliant as any filling malfunction can now be diverted to WC pan.

I worked on a place where the cold water storage cistern (high level on first floor) fed a downstairs WC on the ground floor via a Victory valve on 1 1/2" (40mm) waste pipe The owner had modified the valve because he claimed the flush was excessively long so it now only stayed open as long as you held it open.

I'm pretty sure this sort of system is not supposed to be used on domestic installations, but I may be wrong.

You'd need to check out the backflow protection requirements (I'd have thought a weir overflow cut into the side of the cistern would comply, and make it a dedicated cistern, not shared with something else, like this man had).

Did it work?

Yes, it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tankless Toilet from Attic Tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock