Search the forum,

Discuss Tap off hot water pipe for my basin to shower ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I have an Electric shower (cold incoming pipe only) in my en-suite shower unit and due to all the usual problems would prefer to add a a cold pipe (so I can install a non-electric unit) from the hot water feeding the basin which sits next to the shower cubicle. The heating system is Gas combi boiler. Just wondering if I can do this without any issues or if there could be any problems with it - I know that if this was being done from scratch would be best to run directly from the boiler to shower but they are a long way apart and would be a lot of work to run a new pipe that far.
Thanks,
J

Provided the hot water is provided directly by the combi, and not via a hot water cylinder (very unlikely), then there should be no problems. You will of course have to replace the electric shower with a mixer shower and make the electrics safe.

It would be wise to check the flow rate of both hot and cold supplies, and the dynamic cold water pressure and buy a shower which will operate within these figures.

Sounds good, thanks for that. I will see how I get on with that - there is no hot water cylinder. Cheers,
J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tap off hot water pipe for my basin to shower ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock