Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Discuss Tap off hot water pipe for my basin to shower ? in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Jezzer101

Jezzer101 New Member

Hi,
    I have an Electric shower (cold incoming pipe only) in my en-suite shower unit and due to all the usual problems would prefer to add a a cold pipe (so I can install a non-electric unit) from the hot water feeding the basin which sits next to the shower cubicle. The heating system is Gas combi boiler. Just wondering if I can do this without any issues or if there could be any problems with it - I know that if this was being done from scratch would be best to run directly from the boiler to shower but they are a long way apart and would be a lot of work to run a new pipe that far.
    Thanks,
    J

2. steadyon

steadyon Active Member

Provided the hot water is provided directly by the combi, and not via a hot water cylinder (very unlikely), then there should be no problems. You will of course have to replace the electric shower with a mixer shower and make the electrics safe.

It would be wise to check the flow rate of both hot and cold supplies, and the dynamic cold water pressure and buy a shower which will operate within these figures.

3. Jezzer101

Jezzer101 New Member

Sounds good, thanks for that. I will see how I get on with that - there is no hot water cylinder. Cheers,
    J