Search the forum,

Discuss Tap takes 2 turns to come on, then sprays full blast in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

twig87

I have a problem with just the hot water tap in my kitchen. For the last few months, it has taken several turns before any water will come out. Once the water does come out, it jets out at a pressure equivalent to the number of turns I've had to make (i.e. high pressure!). I can then turn the tap down to readjust the pressure while the water is flowing.

It's a mixer tap and the cold works fine. I'm a novice - can anyone advise what to do?

Thank you!

Sounds like the jumper that holds the washer is loose and the washer is sticky.
Re-washer and grease up internals and it will be like new, if not then a new jumper will sort it.
Or if you don't fancy servicing it, pop a new valve in there. Take the old one to a plumbers merchant for a replacement.

Get the tap internals changed as above isolate the supplies remove one and take it with you the spline on the top of the insert maybe different to yours if you dont . regards kop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tap takes 2 turns to come on, then sprays full blast in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock