Search the forum,

Discuss Tepid/Warm water from cold taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I live in a relatively new flat which has a Sadia Megaflo water cylinder. My problem is that I'm regularly getting tepid and quite warm water from all of the cold taps in the flat. There doesn't appear to be anything obvious wrong (the overflow isn't running or anything).

I'm not sure if it's related but the water pressure in the flat is also quite low (it's on the 1st floor). The pressure is 'normal' for a split second when the tap's turned on but it dies back.

Any help/advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Do they run cold after 10 or so seconds?

I would suggest contacting an unvented tech to have the cylinder serviced and the pressure checked

Thanks for the reply.

No, generally if the water starts coming out warm it will not go cold unless I leave the tap running for a few minutes.

yea sounds like its heating passively does it sat cold for about an hour after youve run it ?

Could be a faulty pressure regulator valve on the cold feed to the HW cylinder and/or insufficient mains pressure. If so, will need a plumber who has a 'G3 unvented' qualification to confirm and remedy.

Is this 1 of a large number of flats?
Are any of your neighbours having the same issue either Warm water or low pressure.?
If so have any reported it to the building management company?
Does it have a Cold Water boost system in the Basement /Ground floor?

sounds like the combination valve it may be blocked as it has a filter inside and a pressure regulator the cold feed is usually after this so your hold/cold is balanced at the same pressure so you dont get hot water down the cold pipe

I'll speak to the neighbours and management company to see if they've had any other reports.

Thanks everyone for your help and advice. I'll seek out an engineer who's got the unvented expertise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tepid/Warm water from cold taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock