Search the forum,

Discuss The Gok oil priming pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I'm looking a oil priming pump for difficult air locks after a customer runs out of oil, new work etc. Is the Gok oil priming pump the 1 to get or is there anything else suitable out there, many thanks.

It is a good well built pump - I have same.
Rarely have used it, but works well.
Takes a bit of pull strength.

The trouble with the Gok one I have found that as you pump it the think dances around too much and before you know it your mat and trousers have a liberal coating of Kerosene. I switched to vacuum pump bottle type things that HWOS sell with various attachements. They work really well and you don't get many spillages!!

Reply to The Gok oil priming pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

T
Hi We urgently need to get our h/w cylinder replaced because it's leaking. Our current system is oil boiler feeding underfloor downstairs, radiators upstairs and an unvented hot water cylinder for hot water. We are thinking of moving to a heat pump at some point but aren't ready to do this. My...
Replies
Views
Hi My oil boiler keeps locking out after running for 30/40 minutes! I then try to reset it but it won’t fire back up! I have to leave it for several hours before it will fire back up! Only to lock out again after 30/40 minutes! The boiler has had a new nozzle, coil and pump in the last 2...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for some advice on a frustrating problem I'm having with my old Eurostar 50-60s oil boiler please? Although it's old, most parts needed to operate it are now new. The symptoms indicated a broken/seized burner motor or oil pump. I wrongly assumed the motor so I ordered a new one only...
Replies
Views
Any advice welcome as plumber stumped Had 36-46 grant vortex utility boiler 7 years no problem recently oil tank move and tigerloop install (tank about 1m lower). 10 days later and boiler either doesn't fire or fires stops, fires runs splutters stops. Most it runs now is 10 mins, but that's...
Replies
Views
I have a SIP space heater and fitted a new matching spec oil nozzle as part of a service on it. I wanted to check the pump pressure with the new nozzle and its difficult to be sure what port to connect to. And that these pumps are definitely adjustable! I turned an Allen screw which is not...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock