1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Dismiss Notice

Couple of important things to note. 1. We use Cookies, deal with it. Every website does. 2. Nobody but a currently-registered Gas Engineer should be touching gas or gas appliances. Don't mess with gas at all. 

Discuss THE Van Insurance Thread - Van Insurance for Plumbers and Gas Fitters in the Insurance for Plumbers area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Dan

Dan Admin

Hi Guys and Gals,

I've done this thread on tilersforums.co.uk and it worked quite well. Be vague where you can and/or need to be, this is a public thread, but be detailed where you can be - if you're with me, don't want tools going missing etc etc.

Post details of your latest van insurance quote. So perhaps van type, rough area, what the policy includes (tools overnight off-the-road, tools overnight on-the-road, tools on the job during the day, whether you had points, if you have no claims, whatever else you can include that might help others).

These are a few insurance sites worth checking when it comes to renewal. EVEN if you stay with the same one year in year out, always check elsewhere too, so that you can knock your own insurance firm down a bit.

Here's the thread on TilersForums.co.uk: Van Insurance for Tilers Vans

Here's a current updated list of firms with decent prices (who are currently undercutting the rest in some cases):-
    (updated June 2016):-

UPDATE Nov 2016: http://www.electriciansforums.co.uk/forums/insurance-for-electricians.40/

We've teamed up with an insurance firm to get you some discounted insurance!

Please also share tips regarding getting your insurance down a bit. It all helps us when we come to getting quotes on van insurance.

Cheeeeeeers :)

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
  2. Masood

Masood Guest

I found my premium dropped when I put my wife on my policy as a named driver even though she has 6 points (fixed penalties for speeding). She's not allowed to drive the van, mind!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dan

Dan Admin

Yeah I've heard of that before. The least amount you're driving it, being the mail, suggests there's less change of it being involved in an accident, so it comes down if you can stick a female driver on it. I guess not always the case. But worth trying out.

4. jtsplumbing

jtsplumbing Plumber GSR

Been using Budget insurance for 4-5 years Paid this year Fully Comp £112.00 , That could be to do with lots of factors ,driving experience , no claims ,(On van or Car) Age, and location.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dan

Dan Admin

Anybody else got any insurance firms to add to this list?

6. JAH HEATING

JAH HEATING Plumber GSR

I got quoted £130 a month last week on a transit custom, my head fell off.

That was with autonet

7. Dan

Dan Admin