Search the forum,

Discuss Thermostat Working in Reverse? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I just replaced my Drayton Cylinder Stat with a Siemens Ram1 stat but it is working in reverse? if I set the stat to a low temp the boiler comes on and vica versa?

The stat I took off had two wires connected that had permanent continuity when the stat was off (below actual temp) and then disconnected continuity when stat was on (set to a higher temp than actual) I have wired the new Siemens Stat to mimic the old one and it works in the same way as just mentioned but I have the opposite effect? I have switched the wires between themselves but no difference?

Any ideas?

I have an Intergas HRE 24 if it helps?

Many Thanks

If you have connected a wire to terminal 3 this needs to be on terminal 2 for a call for heat.

You should be using terminals 1 and 2 only.

With the power off and the wires disconnected, set the stat to call for heat and check for continuity between the various terminals, when you have continuity turn the stat down to make sure it cuts the continuity. then wire your cables to the those terminals.

Thanks you all so much for your replies, I switched the wires over, so bloody sure I did that last night but after 14 hours straight moving the cylinder to a new location I think I was beat! looked at it again this morning and got it sorted. Thank you all again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Thermostat Working in Reverse? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock