Search the forum,

Discuss Thermostatic Mixing Valve 22mm for hot water cylinder outlet? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before I embarrass myself asking a plumber to come and quote for installing a TMV on a hot water cylinder is it possible/advisable?

We have holiday apartments and each has an electric shower but all hot water taps (bathroom & kitchens) are fed from an old hot water cylinder, heated by immersion heater (don't ask...). I am concerned that the hot water might be coming out too hot at the outlets. I tried lowering the stat but that sort of reduces the number of sinks etc that can be filled with warm water.

So to me ideal solution is a TMV on outlet of hot water cylinder. Is this possible (and allowed) and if so do I need a special one as it is feeding more than 1 outlet?

Thanks for any suggestions.

It is possible but will restrict the flow abit

I would get your immersion checked first

It is possible although it will restrict the tempreture to 46 degrees every where , the kitchen sink hot water supply could do with being taken off first before the TMV if you can cheers kop

I would not turn the temperature on the stats too low because of legionella they should be set to min 65 degrees.

If you have holiday apartments, I would temper all the water - even the kitchen sink.

You don't want to take the chance on some kid getting burnt or scolded.
You would be taken to the cleaners over that.

As for turning the water temperature in the cylinder down below 60C - very dangerous.

Ignorance on these matters would be no excuse if you were ever taken to court.

Had a case a couple of years ago where we almost had a student accomodation hostel evacuated due to potential Legionella.
Couldn't remove the UV glass tubes from the UV unit due to algae on the tubes.
The place had never been serviced since it was built - it was only 3 years old at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Thermostatic Mixing Valve 22mm for hot water cylinder outlet? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock