Search the forum,

Discuss Thermostatic valves for radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please could people settle an argument between my husband and I :rolleyes:? We are in Belgium and have a gas boiler and radiators in a two storey semi. The downstairs is always too cool and if we turn up the thermostat (which is in the living room) then it is very hot upstairs. I suggested buying thermostatic valves for upstairs but the Belgian central heating engineers and my husband insist they don't work and that the system is 'balanced'. I disagree. Any ideas? They are not cheap to buy here and I don't want to waste money AND be in husbands bad books ;).

Last edited:
If it is a system like we have here, two pipe fully pumped system.

Then they will work. You set each one to the room temp you are aiming at and once the room reaches that temp, they will close down the valve to that particular rad.

Buy good quality, such as Danfoss and you will only benefit in my opinion.

You will save money on fuel, have comfortable room temps and the Belgian Plumber will make money from installing them.

I would advise asking them to ensure that the system water is clean.

Not sure if it's a two pipe fully pumped system. I suspect it is. Does the heating engineer have to fit them or can my husband do that? Will ask about the system water. Thanks for your reply.

Not sure if it's a two pipe fully pumped system. I suspect it is. Does the heating engineer have to fit them or can my husband do that? Will ask about the system water. Thanks for your reply.

If your husband is good at DIY Plumbing and confident, then yes!

Definitely will work , but you must close the doors or “pull them too” like we say in yorkshire
Theres no point haveing 21 degrees in one room and 18 in the room next to it and leaving the doors open.

Just a FYI, don't install a TRV in the same room as your thermostat (in your case the living room), they'll fight each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Thermostatic valves for radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock