Search the forum,

Discuss Thoroughly dodgy plumber- who to complain to? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets have a look at the photos please?

Ok these pipes were supposed to come out below the floor, not into this room at all. There was no reason for them not to be run under the floor (different floor heights between rooms, no joists in the way). In doing it this way instead, he broke a tile he should not have been drilling in the first place.

Attachments

• 20130206_175927.jpg
    20130206_175927.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 196
I personally think it's a bad idea to mud fling in public. But that's just my opinion.

This was not too bad, but the pipes going through the floor bent just under the floor. Fine, except the tiles were not down yet and the pipe bend was too close to the floor to allow the tiles to be fitted. Also It was not centred on the tiles as we asked.

Attachments

• 20130206_180103.jpg
    20130206_180103.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 185
as a broken tile was mentioned by the op i guess they are for a towel rad

oops meant to be posted above the picture lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes chrome. The floor is down, but there is no ceiling below, just open joists, so easy access underneath.

Ok this is the rad. Poor photo as wasn't taking it for this purpose-pipes just visible at bottom of photo. The pipes should have gone straight into the skirting, lower down, one at each end of the rad. he ignored what we asked and ran them higher up, both to the middle of the rad then through the skirting, higher than they should have been, so they came out in the bathroom rather than under the bathroom floor (floor height difference).

Dancin- yes the chrome was to be on show- on the OTHER side of the wall! It wasn't meant to show in the bathroom at all!

might be your work next, no one is perfect we all have off days, some more than others though :)

Sorry pic here

Attachments

• 20130207_200423.jpg
    20130207_200423.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 180
The point re. pipes is, we specified where they should run. We confirmed he understood. He then ignored that (for no apparent reason) and ran them elsewhere.

No name and shame please on the public forum. This is an open plumbing forum not an open court.

One of the piles of rubbish left behind- I did expect him to tidy up a bit.

Attachments

• 20130305_173036.jpg
    20130305_173036.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 177
Bear in mind these are just some photos I've quickly found- I haven't been round taking photos to illustrate the problem. I'll do that tomorrow.

Oh and one more gem from this chap I forgot about. Told him where the electric runs and he only bloody drilled exactly where we showed him it was, narrowly missing the cables.

This is the boiler- just for interest. No real issue, but don't really know what I'm looking at tbh, The copper piping runs annoyingly close to the plug switch though.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 171
No , I don't actually belive all this now !!! There is a reason I asked for the photos NOW
you are exaturating it , I am sorry but you have fail tonight !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Thoroughly dodgy plumber- who to complain to? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock