Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Discuss Thousands of accounts erased... whaaaaat? in the Links, Forum Updates, News and Site Suggestions area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Dan

Dan Admin

Okay, I've gone through the accounts system and have basically deleted all accounts that haven't been logged into since the end of 2015. I think it's fair to say they're probably not coming back.

Unlike facebook and twitter, we don't like to just keep all accounts to boast numbers. We just want to keep the accounts that people use.

So 29,745 accounts have gone. The software will recalculate the total number of users we have active since then once it has finished erasing the accounts.

I'd like to take this opportunity to say that if anybody would like their account removed from the forum, just PM ME and I'll delete it for you straight away. :)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Meady

Meady Plumber GSR

Wow that's a lot :) how many members were there in total?

3. Dan

Dan Admin

About 50-something.

We now have 19,700.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Phil

Phil Plumber

The mods used to encourage the one off question askers to open full accounts to get full answers to the questions they seek, I never understood this. There must have been tonnes of dormant accounts..

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Dan

Dan Admin

We did allow questions from guests for a while so wasn't always true.