Search the forum,

Discuss Tightened 2 basin mixers. Later text: No water from taps now... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
That's bizarre, I said. Didn't even turn water off.

I'd also done other stuff, bunged f+e to swap couple of rad valves etc but nothing on hot or cold. Was racking my brain how I could possibe have caused an airlock or something just by tightening taps.

Went back, valves clearly long seized. Apparently nobody had noticed... MUST BE MY BLOODY FAULT THEN!!!

Of course it is you bafoon! It's always our fault.

No sense saying it wasnt you they wont believe u lol,

That's what customers do, - they often go around checking if all plumbing is working after the plumber has been doing a job.
Anything faulty must be related to the plumbers work.
So you will have to spend at least half an hour explaining the complexity of their plumbing and heating system, telling them the water coming out of their taps is not the same as the water in their radiators.
Then somebody phones them and you can nearly guarantee to overhear the customer tell the person on the other end of the phone that the plumber is back as they have had no water from a tap after he finished the previous day and the plumber doesn't know why.

Friday I was installing a Hive thermostat for a customer, working in the garage, hallway and airing cupboard. All I was doing was wiring, as I left I get a phone call, water coming through the lounge ceiling! Just happened that a packing gland had given up the ghost on a rad in the floor above. As I came back into the house the unthinkable happened…customer said 'I know it's unrelated to what you were doing and it's just sheer coincidence it happened'. I was speechless, I was expecting to be blamed for it knowing full well it had nothing to do with me.

I had the same issue ... went out for changing a shower pump ... closed all gate valves drain the rest water over the flexi hoses ...
I only had a little water coming out after taking the hoses off but had a little bucket and towel ready .. changed pump over ... commissioned the pump .. started the pump and check for leaks .. no leaks whatsoever ... just a little wet stain on a mdf build cupboard which is waterproofed.

a day later got a phone call the ceiling is wet and the fire alarm has gone wet. I said ok i could come now at 6;30pm but she went like no please come next day evening .. ok no worries will do ..

hour later got a text can we do 2 days later ... i also said ok no problem ..

next day it had stopped leaking and she went like my husband said you pulled a pipe and he tightened it ahha... funny ppl nothing was leaking just making a problems to get thigns for free like the fire alarm ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tightened 2 basin mixers. Later text: No water from taps now... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock