Search the forum,

Discuss Tilbrook Radiator size in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

In a bathroom which measures 2.53 sqm with a height of 2.66 m, which 2000 mm tall Tilbrook radiator would you suggest would be required? Using a combi boiler system with central heating temperature of 60 C.

One window (Single glazed): 0.80 m x 1.53 m. Only one exterior wall which is cavity wall insulated. Mid terraced house.

I currently have the 206 mm wide one installed, which I thought would be adequate given the small size of the room, but I don't believe it is.

1607236690598.png

Attachments

• 1607236448474.gif
    1607236448474.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 2
  • 1607236448415.gif
    1607236448415.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 2
As you are running your central heating at a lower temperature it would be more appropriate to use the 406mm radiator.
I have made a few assumptions about the fabric of your building.

There are many online radiator calculators, why not try these?
Remember the rads are advertised at deltaT 50 unless otherwise stated.

As you are running your central heating at a lower temperature it would be more appropriate to use the 406mm radiator.
I have made a few assumptions about the fabric of your building.

There are many online radiator calculators, why not try these?
Remember the rads are advertised at deltaT 50 unless otherwise stated.
From my other thread (i.e. Rate of heating in a living room?), I used a calculator, and I purchased a rad with a much larger BTU than the calculator stated. That rad does not heat the room up very quickly. So my use of online calculators for that purchase was not very successful.

For this room, if the dimensions are 1.59 x 1.59 x 2.66 m (Height) then using the calculator below it gives a required output of 1784 BTU.
If we increase this by 1.5 (as I think was sugested in the Rate of heating in a living room thread), this gives an output of 2676 which means my current rad of 3006 BTU (second one in table) is above adequacy. Though I don't believe it is.

Reply to Tilbrook Radiator size in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock