Search the forum,

Discuss tips for a new vaporising appliances in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, I've been an oily engineer for over 10years now but have recently added vaporising burners to my qualifications.
I'm just after some tips for working on Aga's etc (I know experience and knowledge takes time), and also any tools etc that might be handy.
Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

I forgot to edit the title., I missed the word engineer off the end. It's tools tips for new old and everything in between.
Many thanks

I don't know if there are any members that work much on Agas or other vaporising boilers, still on this forum.
Lame Plumber was one that is very experienced.
I decided to stop doing much work on Agas

there was one who did specialize on these agas thought it was you Best ?

there was one who did specialize on these agas thought it was you Best ?

No, not me. I have worked on a few over the years, but I decided to not look for that sort of work.
I know Lame worked regularily at them and I think maybe SimonG does some.

No, not me. I have worked on a few over the years, but I decided to not look for that sort of work.
I know Lame worked regularily at them and I think maybe SimonG does some.

We look after a crop drying unit at a farm and they have one in their house but its never interested me. Ive been there when the bloke who looks after it is there and he always seems to be back 2 - 3 times before everyone happy Best left to those who know

We look after a crop drying unit at a farm and they have one in their house but its never interested me. Ive been there when the bloke who looks after it is there and he always seems to be back 2 - 3 times before everyone happy Best left to those who know

Some of them are not too bad if they are serviced regularily and properly. If they are running properly, they aren't too dirty.
The little supply pipe in the Agas burner blocks solid with carbon and needs drilled out. The wick needs replaced and tbh is cheap, so really might as well be done yearly. Burners need set dead level. The control valve has a filter that needs checked and a slot valve that needs cleaned with a piece of paper.
Oil element filter at oil tank and independent oil supply pipe.
KBB valve for remote at burner and a second KBB exterior for remote at oil control valve
Flue needs checked for blockages, - birds nests etc and air supply to room important. Open flue, so dangerous.
In short, a pain!

I hear what our say saying.
I will look after their plant and let them look after their heating.
To be honest Ive fixed a few oil boiler as they are pretty simple but I'm not to fussed about working on stuff I'm not sure about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to tips for a new vaporising appliances in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock