Search the forum,

Discuss TMVs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmv2 or tmv3 for basins in primary school?
hot gravity cold mains will I need to fit a prv on cold?

TMV 3 for schools and other public buildings, check with the manufacture to see weather you need to fit a PRV on the cold main it will depend o the pressure difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
depends on pressure (hot pressure) you will need to test this to make sure the valve will work, as sometimes the pressure is not enough and you only have a dribble through the tap, once installed

We're told we have to fit TMV3 but altec now come labelled TMV2/3.
Go figure...

Choose a TMV where filter comes before non return valve, otherwise crud stopped by filter can hold open NRV. Should this happen, with cold main and hot NRV open, overflow on CWS to DHW will be discharging hot water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to TMVs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Customer wants an outside tap for dog washing so needs to be blended. The hot water is gravity and its a bungalow so little head at the point of installation. I can't get a cold from the storage cistern to the utility so it has to be mains cold. Can pressure reducing valves be taken down to...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Gas combi Boiler Mains fed in all taps and shower How do I balance the water pressure in all faucets in my flat. Every tap/water faucet is mains fed but the cold water is really strong in every tap that if I open the tap fully it flies out like a fountain but the hot water is not...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've got a cold water storage tank which feeds the hot water cylinder below. The hot water is backflowing up to the cold water tank and then overflowing now and again. If i put a non return valve on the cold feed to the cylinder would this just push the water up to the vent pipe? There are...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi everyone, Is this set up correct: Attic stop valve turns off the cold water to my bathroom (I think it is the rising main in the attic which I and other residents in the building share as we have shared supply to bathrooms and kitchens) Under kitchen sink stop valve turns off cold water in...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I am replacing a kitchen tap and have run into some trouble when connecting the flexi hot and cold pipes to the hot and cold mains pipes. The connection end of the flexi pipe from the tap is a15mm, however the mains pipe I need to connect to is a 12mm. What connector do I need to buy? So far...
Replies
Views
Adam tl
A
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock