Search the forum,

Discuss To secondary or not in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley

Super Moderator
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Speccing up a luxury flat,

3 bed each with an ensuite

property is long and relatively narrow maybe 25m long by 9m wide.

Customer wants unvented but that can only be situated at one end of the flat. The en suites are spread evenly along the length of the property.

What I'm trying to ascertain is would it be better to upsize the domestic hot pipework the full length of the property or to put in a secondary return to achieve quick hot flow at the furthest outlet. Cost is no object.

im thinking secondary but customer is concerned about noise as the cylinder will be situated in a bedroom.

Any thoughts?

It sounds like you probably should have a secondary return, but do you really want a pump running in a bedroom? You could obviously put it on a timer to only come on during peak hours.

Agreed. Do you know if there are regs re how far pump can be from the cylinder?

If you do have it on a timer in the bed room fit a grundfos ups 15 50N, much quieter than the noisy Wilo SB30 bronze pumps

Could you put it in the furthest bathroom, under the bath for example

Could you put it in the furthest bathroom, under the bath for example

No no no :) as some soft fool will either tile it in or not provide access

And they don't make that much noise tbh just get a good quality one on rubber lined clips will make a lot of difference

And yes you will require one

Kitchen/Cloakroom ? Anywhere you can loop back to cylinder without leaving overlong spurs to other outlets.

All good ideas guys. Thank you the only sensible place is either by cylinder or in a storage cupboard about half the distance along the property. I'm thinking rubber lined clips and maybe a decent timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to To secondary or not in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock