Search the forum,

Discuss Today's install. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
noose.jpg...

Lovely install! Is that an open end left on a gas pipe?!....

And I'd guess at a Worcester ri boiler!

Lovely install! Is that an open end left on a gas pipe?!....

And I'd guess at a Worcester ri boiler!

It is but a future gas pipe, open both ends, the clients using the original boiler which is being moved from one end of the house to the other, so all the pipes are in place for the changeover.

And all wrong on the boler guesses. :)

Was just going to put vent on top of boiler, do megaflow specify otherwise?
flue easily clears gutter/ soffit. The drawing is a rough outline.

We'll see for sure tomorrow, it's changeover day.

yep should have one on coil flow pal, all covered in MI's

I reckon its a Chaffoteaux Challenger that he has been saving for that "special" job.

On second thoughts, he's taken an old Diplomat out of a demolition job, and now he's going to wall hang the beast, and get another 40 years out of it. :)

Apart from the wall-hanging part, thats probably not as silly as it sounds. :)

Ps nice work but York bottom clip on the horizontal run is on the pull bend and at an angle -1 point

Nice job ,, Can't see the balance valve on the cylinder return , !!!

Under Part L balance valves shouldn't be fitted to the hot water primaries. The balancing valve is to ensure that there is capacity to run the heating and hot water at the same time. Modern control systems allow the water heating to be timed earlier than the heating which enables a quicker more efficient heat up time with no detrimental effect on the heating.

i reckon it's an Apollo Fanfare being fitted.

yep should have one on coil flow pal, all covered in MI's

"it is reccommended that an air bleed point or automatic air vent is incorporated in the primary return pipework close to the megaflow eco unit"

surley my vent near the boiler should suffice? What would everyone else do?

Vent on flow and return next to unvented cylinder and vent on flow to vented cylinder !
Vent I use is manual not automatic on sealed systems !
vent on open vent I use are automatic

"it is reccommended that an air bleed point or automatic air vent is incorporated in the primary return pipework close to the megaflow eco unit"

surley my vent near the boiler should suffice? What would everyone else do?

what i would do is loose no sleep what so ever over an air vent

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361472270.518969.jpg

And the winner of 4 kazillion points is...... Gasmanrob.

Clapclapclapclapclap.

And before you Lot start going on this was before the condensate was finished.

Pahah that's why the apprentice nearly cut his finger off today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Today's install. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock