Search the forum,

Discuss Today's install. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
So on the 2 Jobs how many leaks did u have?
Really? None, though I haven't fully pressurised the new one yet as the mains pressure is pants and I'm installing a booster setup next week. I solder all day most days, 99% of the time I can tell if a joint doesn't take when I'm soldering it.

So on the 2 Jobs how many leaks did u have?

Are you just out to troll everything? You're a pain in the bum.

Top work Tony, love to see bends in the right place on a full length of pipe instead of sockets everywhere.

Cheers mate, so many positives to pulling bends than using fittings.

How do you know where to bend when there's multiple bends on a full length? I got lost after more than 2 tbh. You must be on a good wage mate

How do you know where to bend when there's multiple bends on a full length? I got lost after more than 2 tbh. You must be on a good wage mate
Honestly mate I don't know, I just learnt, my bends are all by eye. Never even went to college so the tape measure rarely comes out for em. Experience beats all!
And for my wage, its acceptable, could be a lot better but my boss looks after me, has kept me in full time work for 11 years which I know isn't easy to do in the current climate so I respect him for that.

Honestly mate I don't know, I just learnt, my bends are all by eye. Never even went to college so the tape measure rarely comes out for em. Experience beats all!
And for my wage, its acceptable, could be a lot better but my boss looks after me, has kept me in full time work for 11 years which I know isn't easy to do in the current climate so I respect him for that.

I know I've said it already but quality work there. You should be proud of it mate.

Obviously thought about it a lot, but I'm happy where I am at the moment. Guaranteed wage. And work with some pretty cool guys, I'm the oldest engineer on the firm at 27 hahah custards do tend to wobble abit when they first answer the door.

Nice work mate! That really is top drawer stuff! I can see you take huge pride in doing your work & doing it well!

Yeah I now that feeling when I do quotes sometimes people ask how old I am, and Its kind of annoying, as I no ill do a better job then most. Have lost a few jobs over it aswell.

That's life, what will be will be. People stereotype what plumbers should look like and my face doesn't fit, I'm more say...... Crime watch

Do u not fancy goin self employed whn1?

T.B r u a jobs worth ??

I guess I am, but only in that I'm a self employed plumber who wants to do a good job for my customers and leave a positive lasting impression. If you think that's a bad thing, more fool you. In any other respect, no I'm not a jobsworth, tbh I'm not even sure how that accusation/insult came about.

could any one explain to me what does this mean ?

Takes too much care & attention to detail than is overly necessary! Well that's my interpretation, not sure if others agree. Sometimes I don't find this a problem! Rather do a good job than a rush job!

could any one explain to me what does this mean ?

It's hard to explain Stan.

To me, it's someone who takes too much pride in insignificant/menial jobs to make themselves feel better about their crappy existence. For instance, the guys who won't let you in the tip without a badge, just for the sake of being an arse.

Cheers , thanks for the explination I understand now ! In my understanding its simmilar to OCD

Cheers , thanks for the explination I understand now ! In my understanding its simmilar to OCD

Haha, not sure about that pal. I have a mate with OCD, he's a right nightmare sometimes, but he's not annoying on purpose.

jesus, only posted a picture of a cylinder install.
nearly 3000 views, (nosey buggers)and 130 replies,everybody has there 15mins of fame.lol.
bet he never bothered.

That is a good example, another 1, a customer of mine just moved into new house and I did some work there I then found a leak on a old boiler he said he has just took out boiler cover as he new the boiler was old...good idea, he rings b.g and the engineer comes out the next day an says the boiler isn't right, a few little not to current standrd things although the boiler is 17 years old. Then he realises he has just took the contract up an says he is not going to change the part as he new he was trying to take them for a fool, which he wasn't. It's not like the b.g engineer was paying for the part or effecting his profit/wages in the end the engineer was nasty and trying to sell a new boiler so the customer literally threw him out, and complained to which he has had the part done now and some discount. That is a jobs worth

That is a good example, another 1, a customer of mine just moved into new house and I did some work there I then found a leak on a old boiler he said he has just took out boiler cover as he new the boiler was old...good idea, he rings b.g and the engineer comes out the next day an says the boiler isn't right, a few little not to current standrd things although the boiler is 17 years old. Then he realises he has just took the contract up an says he is not going to change the part as he new he was trying to take them for a fool, which he wasn't. It's not like the b.g engineer was paying for the part or effecting his profit/wages in the end the engineer was nasty and trying to sell a new boiler so the customer literally threw him out, and complained to which he has had the part done now and some discount. That is a jobs worth

Thats a good example

See it leaking already :angel_smile: Importantly did you remember the drain of on cold and air vent Vern told you off for last time?

Looks pretty damm tidy though

No you did not Tony LOL, also it is good practice for combi inlet valve to be above the bubble, heat team will crib if they ever go UW......

Nice work though pal....

Pls explain Vern "combi valve to be above bubble "

If any thing goes wrong with the expansion valve or prv Stan, the whole cylinder has to be drained or more or less to the level of the valve you can see on the wall, if it is above the bubble (megaflo has internal expansion air gap so known as bubble top as are Oso cylinders, they dont require an external expansion vessel) no draining is required or very little

Pls explain Vern "combi valve to be above bubble "

Like this one i bashed in a nursing home, note coil AAV and DOC, also DOC on cold mains....combi vlave nice and high, you can just see secondary return on far left too :wink_smile: Megaflo2.jpg

Nice work! when you gonna take me on some of these jobs eh? lol

Did you have to move those Miele washers vern? Jesus they weigh a ton lol. Had to plumb a few of those in my time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Today's install. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock