Search the forum,

Discuss Toilet connection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dparker357

Hi there I was wondering if anyone can help please the picture attached shows a toilet syphon connection to a pan. I haven't seen this type of connection before does anyone know if this is ok and if so where I can get that white l shape connection piece from as the syphon needs to changed due to poor flush. It's as though it is a high level pan with a close coupled cistern. Can anyone inlighten me please?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 73
Like I say I haven't seen it either and I'm worried to take the job on as it certainly seems as though it's been made up as they go. It doesn't flush well at all and from what the customer explains the syphon has been changed before already.

Am I right thinking the soil pipe turns and runs behind the pan and that's why they haven't used a close coupled ?

Is it because they can't get close to the wall with the pan or that the Cistern would be to far off the wall.

I.m looking at that box under the cistern and trying to make it out, is it a tiled box around the soil pipe ?

yea seen that before but special siphon if i remember right with a rubber o ring

Yes last plumber it's all tiled and the soil pipe runs as you said. Shaun corbs did the toilet you repaired still flush properly or did it have any issues?

Twyfords used to make a similar set up that allowed the pan to connect to a soil pipe coming through floor far from wall, same as a low level toilet. It was intended for exactly that - replacing a low level toilet that sewer couldn't be moved easily. But I don't know if that applies to this.
Bit risky, but you might be able to remove everything and replace the syphon washer.
That plastic bend you don't want to damage

Last edited:
Yes last plumber it's all tiled and the soil pipe runs as you said. Shaun corbs did the toilet you repaired still flush properly or did it have any issues?

yea job was easy but cant remember 100% if the o ring was on the flush pipe or siphon

and normal set up is back to wall pan and a low level cistern

That's the one I was talking about, I just found it but you beat me to it.

changed a few bogs because of it :D

I installed a few of those original toilets, probably over 20 years ago.
Very handy but pity the plastic bend is poor design

Yep normally see them now with a tube of silicone on them :D

Are you saying I can't use a universal fluid master flush valve or anything apart from the original flush valve because it won't fit that bend?

Are you saying I can't use a universal fluid master flush valve or anything apart from the original flush valve because it won't fit that bend?

Yes you can the reason I said that wasn't sure which part had the o ring in

Sorry for any confusion

how does this kit even fit onto this toilet? It has bolts for a normal close coupled toilet??

It won't do your toilet. Probably you need to go with the one in the link that Snowhead posted.

It won't do your toilet. Probably you need to go with the one in the link that Snowhead posted.

Ahh ok thanks. Great thanks for the help guys! il give this job a go and see what happens ;)

I don't think the Twyford nocturne kit will work - I came across loads of them on a local council estate and am sure they had two nuts/bolts that fixed them to the pan before the cistern sat on it.

Yeah this one doesn't have anything like that it just has 2 metal legs sticking out of the wall that it sits on and 2 at the top of the cistern screwed into the wall.

image.jpg

I have purchased the flush pipe but how can I connect it to a universal type fluid master?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Toilet connection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I'm seeking advice on resolving the persistent blockage issues with my downstairs toilet. A year ago, I replaced an 80s close-coupled toilet with a more affordable model. This new toilet is a back-to-wall type featuring a concealed cistern within a separate unit. Since its installation...
Replies
Views
As part of a slow DIY bathroom refit I've removed the old toilet from the original location next to the soil pipe (and obviously capped off the branch) and plan to place it the opposite end of the room. I was pretty lucky to find a 110mm sewer waste pipe below the old sink which is the new...
Replies
Views
Hi guys So a bit of a dilemma Normal WC Unit height 766mm which is around the average mark. quite alot of bogs lets say the flush pipe center from floor is 330-340ish. However I have a comfort height Pan here and the center to the flush pipe from floor is 405MM So we're looking 65-75mm...
Replies
Views
Hi there. I have a Cersanit close coupled toilet which as started leaking between the cistern and the bowl when flushed. I've taken the cistern off and this is what I see. I'm assuming the issue is with the silicon gasket (please see attached photos) but can't seem to find a replacement...
Replies
Views
Hey Guys I’ve noticed this weekend that my en-suite toilet pan water level is seeming to regress after an hour. Toilet flushes as normal and water levels are all fine in the cistern. If I flush the toilet and wait all looks fine. However after an hour the water levels have dropped by a couple...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock