Search the forum,

Discuss Toilet inlet not fully closing at fitting new diaphram in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
The dual button toilet was filling very slowly. I took out the siamp diaphram washer and it was split.

I replaced it taking care to line up the line with the slot. I screwed the arm back on just strong hand tight, adjusted the float position.

It fills really fast now but once closed it still keeps letting a tiny amount of water through as far as I can see.

It seems to be running down the overflow in the middle. Even if I try to raise the float by hand i can't seem to get the water to quite completely stop.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Best to replace the whole valve, these days it's quicker and easier in the long run to replace the whole valve

Ok thanks for advice. Got it sorted in the end. I refitted the diaphram very carefully 3 times. On the third go it closed solidly.

It seems in addition to lining up the slot one needs to be very careful to ensure its seated very neatly (even though you can't really see and can't feel). There's no mention of this in a videos I've seen just say make sure it's the right way round and tighten it back up.

Thanks

it doesnt need much to pass even a spec of dirt will stop it sealing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Toilet inlet not fully closing at fitting new diaphram in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock