Search the forum,

Discuss Toilet seat I've not seen before in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

trigger25

Hello

I've just moved house and the toilet seat that's fitted is starting to break up. The access to the underside of the pan is hidden so I'm not sure how to fit another seat without dismantling the surrounding panels. There is however a central green button which when pressed allows the seat and cover to be removed. The chrome bracket on the toilet pan is a one piece item with 2 spigots spaced about 4" apart. As there doesn't seem to be any name or identifying marks on the seat I can't find one online to fit at present.

My question is "has anyone come across this type of toilet seat and would they be able to put a name to it?"

Any help would be most appreciated.

Trigger

how difficult would it be to simply replace the whole thing? Its not super expensive,

The access to the underside of the toilet pan is concealed and it would mean dismantling the surrounding covers including removing the flush button controls.

I had hoped to just source a similar seat and put it onto the existing base.

That is the problem with this designer stuff, it can comes with a designer price.

yes of course you can pay loads if you want. But you don`t need to. A perfectly good one is half that.

image.jpgimage.jpg
Post a picture, make sure nothings lurking in the pan, I haven't had me tea.

Although I haven't tried it I suppose the chrome part might lever off.

yes as said the stainless cover will lift off and underneath there will be top fixing bracket/s

Many thanks for everyone's input, I'll have a look at it tomorrow. Just one more question, how does the top fixing method work, is it a plug or something that goes into the hole in the pan and a screw or bolt then locks it in place.

The pins you can see protruding are fixed in place before the access behind the loo is closed off, then the top just clips on.
I've installed that seat before, can't for the life of me think who makes it, maybe bathstore, they don't do much that is easy to service.

Yes the Bathstore, I've just found a box in the garage with Bathstore on it. Found the site and this image.

image.jpg

Once again, many thanks to everyone.

Trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Toilet seat I've not seen before in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock