Discuss Toilet seat tighten, tried everything in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
toilet seat I have needs tightened. No access to underneath, no mechanism to remove seat. Been searching for solution for weeks. See photo. Any advice please? No brand name. Thanks, BobD.

9B0CA448-750C-407D-BEA0-16DDA5EAD152.jpeg

The chrome / stainless steel covers lift up and swivel them forward you should see some screws

Where the toilet seat attaches to the toilet the chrome things on the seat are buttons. Press them in and the seat will pull upwards. Then the covers on the hinges will prise off so you can tighten the screws

Where the toilet seat attaches to the toilet the chrome things on the seat are buttons. Press them in and the seat will pull upwards. Then the covers on the hinges will prise off so you can tighten the screws

Doesn't lift off mate

Sometimes you need to wriggle it a lot while holding the buttons in then all of a sudden it lifts off. I had a devil's job tightening a seat and ended up replacing the inserts that the screws go into to get a secure seat.

Just looked at your photo again and cannot see the buttons I'd assumed were there. It looks like it was installed before the whole thing was fixed to the wall. In which case... You may have to wreck the aluminium covers to get access to the fixing screws. You can get replacements, I've seen them in a 'well known hardware depot.'

The chrome / stainless steel covers lift up and swivel them forward you should see some screws
Shaun - 1 cover I can lift / move a little. Not enough to get screw driver or Allen key in. But maybe spanner? The one that is really loose however, the whole bit lifts - the top chrome part has the inside metal part stuck underneath it. Tried to release it. Driving me crazy.

Shaun - 1 cover I can lift / move a little. Not enough to get screw driver or Allen key in. But maybe spanner? The one that is really loose however, the whole bit lifts - the top chrome part has the inside metal part stuck underneath it. Tried to release it. Driving me crazy.

You should be able to lift the stainless steel covers and rotate them one way so you have access to the screws,

If you can't your stuck

I'm pretty sure that the covers aren't stainless and could be pulled aside with a screwdriver and a hefty pair of pliers, hence my 'wrecking' suggestion earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Toilet seat tighten, tried everything in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back