Search the forum,

Discuss Toilet waste help please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Ant

Hello

I've just joined after having a browse on here. I need a bit of advice if possible please.

Basically I am hoping to add a new toilet to a garage which is detached from the house, about five metres away.
But the main soil pipe is at the front of the house which is about twelve metres away. I believe soil pipe has a maximum horizontal run of six metres, so I'm just wondering how I'd go about adding this toilet if the main soil pipe is that far away? I did think of using a Saniflo macerator, but I've heard mixed opinions on them and was wondering if there is another way?

There is other work going to be done, like the addiction of a hot and cold water tap. But I'll start a new thread on that once I've got this one sorted.

Thanks in advance

You can run sewer pipe for kilometres if you like.
As long as you have the correct fall and ventilation to the drain.

12 metres is nothing, requires about 200mm fall ( minimum ) and a vent off the drain at the garage.

Only use a Saniflo when there is no other option, not because their rubbish just because they are the last resort not the easy option.
Have you seen a doctor about your addiction to hot & cold water? ;)

You can run sewer pipe for kilometres if you like.
As long as you have the correct fall and ventilation to the drain.

12 metres is nothing, requires about 200mm fall ( minimum ) and a vent off the drain at the garage.

Thanks very much. I was just pretty sure it was a six metre length maximum here. Not sure if that was regardless of the fall though?

Don't know about the regs over the border, but up here in Scotland new drainage connections like yours would be notifiable to Building Control and the Local Authority.

Thanks for your reply too, this is a good point, one that I better look into.

Only use a Saniflo when there is no other option, not because their rubbish just because they are the last resort not the easy option.
Have you seen a doctor about your addiction to hot & cold water? ;)

I've just realised the typo, haha Thanks for pointing that out.
I was told off somebody that due to the length of the soil pipe that it had to be a Saniflo?

Thanks very much. I was just pretty sure it was a six metre length maximum here. Not sure if that was regardless of the fall though?

I've just realised the typo, haha Thanks for pointing that out.
I was told off somebody that due to the length of the soil pipe that it had to be a Saniflo?
Just put a smile on my face this morning when I read your post - Thanks.
Who told you that, was it Paul down the pub? :p And if you do go the sani route then come back and I`ll advise.

Reply to Toilet waste help please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock