Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Toilet - water trickling into bowl in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. wickywills

wickywills New Member

I've just started to notice that water is slowly trickling into the toilet bowl. When I turn off the isolation to the toilet, the trickling stops and the water in the tank holds its level. I can't see any signs of anything overflowing, but my knowledge of plumbing is limited which is why I've attached a picture(!). The plumber has quoted £100 to sort, but given that when this siphon(?) system thing was fitted originally it took the plumber about 1 minute, I would like to think this is a job that I could do myself. Can anyone advise as to what the problem could be and how to sort it myself (again, bearing in mind my limited knowledge!).

IMG_4053.JPG

2. The Marnix

The Marnix New Member

I had something similar on mine which was just the an adjustment on the flush button. After the button was pushed the button wasn't letting the syphon completely return which caused it to trickle as it refilled. It was a different mechanism to yours but its probably worth looking to see if there is any adjustment. Look for anything that identifies the make or model and google it to try to find the instructions.

3. Ric2013

Ric2013 Plumber Top Contributor!!

. does the trickling stop immediately, or, at least, within a few seconds?

If so, then it's overflowing internally. That Armitage Shanks/Ideal Standard flush mechanism you have incorporates an internal overflow.

If so, either your red fill valve is out of adjustment and needs the water level setting lower (black screw rod on the left of this, on the photo), or the fill valve needs servicing or replacing (debris or failed diaphragm 'washer').

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Only needs a clean up and a new washer on the flush valve.

5. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Or the inlet valve adjusting.

6. peter0504030201

peter0504030201 New Member