Currently reading:
Total Trade Services

Discuss Total Trade Services in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

khill

Has anyone done any work for a company
called Total Trade Services their offices
are in North Wales?

They do alot of the grant funded work i.e.
warmfront areas covered North east, North
Yorkshire, South Yorkshire, West Midlands,
Wales, Liverpool, Manchester and the lakes

Hello - My husband is having a nightmare getting any wages/expenses back from TTS. They also have made illegal deductions of wages for late paperwork etc...Also - TTS arent registered with the Tax Office so have been deducting your wages but not actually paying the inland revenue - so all the lads now have big gaps in employment as far as tax contributions are concerned. We have been advised to contact the inland revenue fraud squad asap. What a nightmare this firm has been - we are taking them to a tribunal and would advise everyone else to do the same.

inland revenue fraud squad are interested in hearing from anybody who has worked for total trade services as they do not register employees. they take tax off the employee and keep it. the number to ring is 0800 788 887. good luck everyone

From their website-

2011 - The Year So Far!

We've had an interesting start to the year here at Total Trade Services. Towards the end of the last financial year the Government Department responsible for the majority of the funding of the schemes we operate on insisted that all monies were spent by the end of the financial year. A limited amount of carry over was permitted. This meant all hands to the pump and a big recruitment campaign while we scaled up to deliver.

Did we make some mistakes along the way? Absolutely, and we recognise that. We want to apologise to our clients and employees for any issues with the level of service provided during this time.

We recognise that in some situations we did not recognise or respond to situations quickly enough. During this time we also recruited significant numbers fo join Total Trade Services who were office based. This meant we had new teams on the ground being supported by new people based in our office and consequently our level of organisation wasn't as high as we would have liked.

We can assure you that during this process we have absolutely learnt the lessons and look forward to putting those learnings into practice. There has been frustration with us as an organisation and for that we apologise - we are doing something about it!

One very important lesson during this period is that despite what has been at times a poor level of organisation, there have been many instances where the level of service provided by our team has been nothing other than exceptional.

We operate in a volatile economy and in a volatile industry. The days of economic boom and our industry doing nothing but prospering are very much behind us. We need to constantly adapt and change. This is why our review of working practices is aimed at making us very much stand out from the crowd moving forward.

For any customers who have any outstanding issues please contact us on 0845 0700997 or email [email protected]. We are committed to resolving these.

For any employees who have any outstanding issues - please email [email protected] or contact Allie on 0845 0700997 and we are committed to resolving any outstanding issues. We would like to meet with you to make sure these are resolved.

hahahah well it looks like these forums worked, the messages to the DECC worked BUT one of the office staff is on these forums and unfortunately has confirmed that the management TOLD THE OFFICE STAFF WHAT TO SAY AND HOW TO TREAT THE TEAMS AND CUSTOMERS!! Step in the right direction maybe but they should shut the place down really and I personally won't stop until they are gone!! So anyone want to follow my lead and contact the DECC with concerns and complaints?

By the way lads if you are after your wages make sure you have ALL correspondence and job pack details to hand as TTS are now sending invoices to unsuspecting ex employees who are owed money for overpayment of wages!!!! Be prepared be very prepared!

I joined this forum especially to post in this thread... worked 9days for them in January before realising what kind of an outfit they were and never got paid.... went to a tribunal 40days ago (I won since they never even showed up) but surprise surprise I'm still waiting for my money.

I came across www.moneyclaim.gov.uk where you can send them a court order and they have to reply or they get a CCJ

I rang up and spoke to allie she actually sounded like she was there to help but remains to be seen if I get paid

I was contemplating trying to get in touch with this allie instead of more court action but sod it.... they had plenty of chances to return my calls and emails from February rite through to may and left me with no choice but to go through the courts so thats how its gonna go now to. i'll give the link a try and will post how i get on. cheers mate.

hi i worked for them up to end of august. they sent me an emal on 14 sept with final pay... not been paid yet after chasing it up several times... time for plan b and they defo wnt like it.

Hello mrs kirk. I spoke to the plumber who is putting right your husbands work and he said hed love to show you some pictures of what hes had to deal with.

I havent been with them long but the deal was if we left or were laid off we wouldnt be paid till our outstanding jobs were checked. if you agreed to this when you signed up then it seems a bit daft to complain about it now.

Just to clarify im a sparky so cant criticise anyone for plumbing work, but im fed of reading complaints about pay from people who nearly cost all of us our jobs because they didnt care enough to do a proper job.

this all seems very odd to me. they may be protecting their interests but a bit too far imo by looks of it

just to clarify, this is not the company speaking. i am an electrician who still works for them. there were some people who were treated very unfairly but plenty of others, including some of the most vocal on these forums had done shoddy work which almost cost everyone their jobs.
The company, now called tempo is making a fresh start. theres a new guy in charge and the reason we`re still getting warmfront work is cause weve spent the last few months going round putting the bad work right, and have got rid of all the bad tradesmen.

Thats not to say everyone who left was dodgey. there were some really good lads who were badly treated. I considered leaving myself a couple of months ago and was very upset by some of the treatment people got. But ive decided to stay with them, and things are getting much better. Theyve got the organisation right at the mo and are building up slowly instead of taking on any tom dick or harry. its not there yet but they are definately moving in the right direction.

Is that guy still in charge? the one who loves himself and thinks hes a filmstar.
I went for a job there a couple of years back. , me and mate walked out of the induction and drove the 2 hours back home.

Last edited by a moderator:
hello grimysparks
so you are not an office nark and yet you tell us the people in charge of total trade have left and tempo has new management. doyou really believe that people are that naive. mark bryant is now in charge and actualy always has been all be it with stephenson before. but stephenson and bryant have not parted company and they still run a number of businesses together. all with dodgy pasts and over the last few years they have liquidated at least eleven companies. i happen to know the plumber you are referring to and he was one of the original warmfront workers so is very experienced. you say you only work for them and yet defend them with half truths. i can only summise that you are management and are wasting our time

Wish I was management. Then I wouldnt be driving all the way to newcastle tomorrow to do remedial work. i started with them in january. For the first few months it was great. plenty of work, paid on time and correctly every month, altho i heard that some people were having problems.

It went crap around may and i was missing about £700 from that months pay, but after passing on the details and refusing to go anywhere they got it sorted for the next months pay. and its been right ever since. there was one point where i went about 3 weeks without fuel money, but again they got it sorted once i made an issue of it and lately its been spot on every week.
a couple of weeks ago I was late getting my paperwork in and andy phoned me to make sure he had my mileage so i would get my fuel money. they genuinley seem to be trying to do things better. the hourly rate is still rubbish but the price works coming back and things are picking up.

I know marks still there but all the warmfront work is now being run from wakefield by Andy Dodds. things are going pretty well. the organisations better and im glad now that i stuck it out.

As for the plumbing work, i can only say what ive been told, but the lads still here are very critical of some,(not all ) of the guys who left. I may not know much about plumbing but even i can tell how bad some of it was while ive been doing electrical remedials. burn marks on carpets and skirting, pipes on the p**s, leaks, ect. Just really careless work. I went to one job where the lady couldnt close her inner back door because the rad pipes were in the way.

Im not saying everyone who left was like that and i know some really good lads who were treated really badly. but the fact remains that there were a lot of really poor workers here.

I know the plumbers had lots more problems than the sparks with parts missing, wrong stuff ordered ect, and they usually have that sorted before the spark gets anywhere near the job, but thats just warmfront. The whole schemes been like that since they started doing the surveys themselves and theres sod all the company can do about it.

Everyone knows that warmfront inspectors are a pain in the backside but surely if you are experienced with them you shouldnt get too many remedials.

The reason i come on thes forums is because i like to find out about the company i work for. im not stupid and i take everything the company and management say with a pinch of salt, but i also dont believe everything i read on these forums.

There are a couple of guys on the electrical forum and im reasonably sure i know who they are. ive been to their jobs, and they were shockingly bad, and yet these lads say its all the companies fault.
Today i went to check a job in coventry. heating and hot water controls wrong way round. there were 23 loose cables throughout the system, and the cables to the timer were just strung acroos the floor like temp leads.Tell me that guys a decent lad who deserves to be paid.

Evening gents, i still work for tempo, all i have to say is that all the peolple who call themselves tradesmen just kept me in a job rectifying all your horrific work, whilst also trying to pacify all the elderly people that you have emotionally scarred by invading there homes and making an absolute effing mess.

Just an update - Not worked for these since July and I have just found out they have told the tax office that I am still working there. If I had not have noticed, I would have ended up paying more tax on the job I am in now!!!

Just recieve my new tax code for a firm called The heating company ,also called tempo sollustions,and the dreaded tts.Funny really not worked for them since june 2011,but cant get my p45 of them,any body else with same problem

Just recieve my new tax code for a firm called The heating company ,also called tempo sollustions,and the dreaded tts.Funny really not worked for them since june 2011,but cant get my p45 of them,any body else with same problem

Yeah I had the same and not worked for them since June 2011. Phone HMRC and report it!! Otherwise you will be emergency taxed!!

The owners should not be allowed to trade or be part of any company again, wrecked peoples homes, lives and now there own workers.

I got a new tax code for 'the heating company uk ltd' even though I'm self employed now. It says I owe over £1000 in income tax from when I was with total trade?

Theyve had many names and many companies,i had the unfortunate experience of working for them in their offices,i can honestly tell you i have never ever seen anything like it in my life!,avoid at all costs,they are skint and cant get credit anywhere,they employed hundreds when i was there and no one gets paid,not even me.Everyone has tax problems in the end,the best people left them about 11 months ago,their customer service is the worst in the industry.I havent a good word to say about them,very very dodgy!!They are known now as Tempo Energy Services in Prestatyn.

Its the same "management" if you can call them that except without Stephenson.And yes no one seems to get their p45 back,i havent got mine either for nearly 8 months ago.

just got a phonecall to check electricians forums and boys it seems that stevenson is BACK!!!! Check out this post from the other forum :-

http://www.dgjobs.co.uk/byEmail/[email protected]

CLICK ON THE LINK AND FAMILIARISE YOURSELF WITH THIS COMPANIES NAME AND STAY AWAY AS IT SEEMS STEVENSON HAS WORKED HIS MAGIC AGAIN!! THE COMPANY IS CALLED CITY TECHNICAL, IF YOUR GONNA SEARCH THERES NOTHING ON THE COMPANY, SAME AS TOTAL TRADE! THIS COMPANY SAYS ITS BEEN GOING FROM A FEW DIFF DATES, 1995, 2001, 2005 IF YOU CHECK THOROUGHLY! SEARCH CITYTECHNICAL.CO.UK

THIS IS THE ONLY THING I COULD GET ON THE COMANY AND ITS THROUGH TOMTOM http://business.tomtom.com/lib/doc/cases/en/ttb-uk-city-technical-services.pdf

CURRENT MD ISNT DSTEVENSON BUT HE HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE COMPANY AS YOU CAN SEE FROM THIS LINK. PASS THIS ONTO ALL SOUND ELECTRICIANS AND PLUMBERS ALIKE! NOT LETTING THIS ONE GO MAN, CANT SEE FELLOW TRADESMEN GET RIPPED OFF AGAIN THROUGH A LEGAL LOOPHOLE ALLOWING DS TO WEAZEL HIS WAY INTO MORE GOVERNMENT SPENDS!!!!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

HAPPY SEARCHING

:frown2::frown2::frown2::frown2::frown2::frown2::frown2::frown2::frown2::frown2:

Don't swear potty mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Total Trade Services in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock