Search the forum,

Discuss Towel radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chrisw7653

Hi, Please can someone help me?

I have quite an old property that has a vented indirect hot water system (gravity fed), with a pumped CH system. The towel radiator in the bathrooom only gets warm when the central heating comes on & in the summer we don't have the heating on! So the towles don't really dry in these not so hot summers!

Is it possible to change the system to connect the towel radiator into the hot water side & add a pump to it as well as we have the bolier on to heat the water If so, how would one go about doing it?

Many thanks

Hi! Chris

You can install towel rads to a hot water system, it depends on the pipework layout how easy or hard it would be.

You can also get oil filled and electric ones that don't need plumbing in.

Don't forget you would have to heat hot water to keep the towel rad hot and that costs money. So it may be cheaper and more convenient to use one of the other types.

But if you don't want that, post some idea of how things are laid out and we will try and answer your questions. A photo would be good also.

Thanks Bernie,

I will take some photos after I've had a look into the electric ones. I was just thinking about connecting into the hot water as I've already got the radiator in position, but then I would have to take up the floor boards & do a lot of alteration work to the pipe work instead.

It sounds as though you may be right about the electric one, as it would be quicker to install & I have a plug socket in the landing on the other side that could supply the power. I will talk to an electrician & see if he says I/he can do that.

Many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Towel radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock