Search the forum,

Discuss Traditional stopcock verses pegler ball valve as an internal stopcock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyespy999

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Good afternoon,

I have been asked to replace a stopcock under the sink with a 1/4 turn pegler style valve on the incoming main. I have had a look through water regs and it doesn't say you can't (or should I say I didn't see it!) so wondering if anyone has any views.

Elderly resident with limited dexterity and strength to turn off a stopcock.

Regards

No problem with a ball valve, I'd be thinking standard stop tap then a sure stop with the switch somewhere convenient (above the counter top?) if they have limited mobility, would save them crawling on the floor.

1/4 turn is fine so long as it is to the correct standards & WRAS approved, I have fitted these to 42mm incoming main as stop valves due to the cost difference between them & stopcocks.

I'd either fit stop tap then full bore lever or stop tap sure stop full bore ISO

If the customers elderly with limited dexterity its not going to get any better, so reaching into the back of a cupboard to turn a full bore lever might not be doable in a couple of years, this is where I'd fit a surestop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Traditional stopcock verses pegler ball valve as an internal stopcock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock