Search the forum,

Discuss Triton electric shower problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sparky

Has anyone else had problems with these showers. Called to loads of these with complaints of going hot and cold. Water pressure has been fine on all with no low pressure light lit. surely a manufacturers fault?:(

If going hot and cold,usually problem with flow rate,you can have correct pressure with flow rate to low,could be hose twisted or shower head scaled up,requires cleaning

could be kettle scaled but above most common faults

you will come across a lot of triton showers and 10's of thousands fitted,if basic model ,not expensive to replace,if lasts 4/5 years with every day use,still good value

imho

Last edited by a moderator:
All these have been 6 months or so old so can rule out scale, all new build.

If new build,maybe rubbish in the new mains pipe work laid causing blockages,check inlet filter if one fitted :(

So although pressure good from shower head, should use a flow cup to check flow rate. Would explain why weve had so many. Shower pipes never flushed before showers are fitted!

Never rated Triton electrics. Seem to have a habit of going t**s up just after the warranty has run out. Have one here which the water won't turn off unless you kill the power on the main pullcord. Will get round to replacing it with a Mira one day.

Thanks everyone for advice. Triton man, was hoping there was a quick fix but may be worth talking to triton in case there is more i can do without getting them involved. Thanks for info will look into it.

Never rated Triton electrics. Seem to have a habit of going t**s up just after the warranty has run out. Have one here which the water won't turn off unless you kill the power on the main pullcord. Will get round to replacing it with a Mira one day.

Hi WHPES just carried out a repair to a Triton shower re;- won't turn off unless you disconnect power via the pull cord. The fault is caused by the dropper capacitor 0.1uf capacitor on the mains power board pcb. (the one with the relays). Less than 60p at Maplins and cheaper than ÂŁ60 quid for a new board. Hope that helps. Regards, Fixit

Help needed!!

I cleaned around the the shower unit this morning and since then, I turn the dial round to turn off the water and it doesn't turn off, whilst also making a really loud whirring noise. I turned it off at the power socket for a few hours. Turned power back on after 6 hours, fine for 10 mins, but the water started to come out in full pressure itself back on (dial still at power off though) with the loud noise again. Had to turn power off again at socket. Do you think water going into the shower box unit would have caused this?

hi my triton cara shower has all of a suddenstarted spurting water from the little overflow pipe .. plz help ...

Needs a new prd. Or a decent shower fitting.

Have you been messing with the hose or shower head, if it kinks or partially blocks then this can cause it.

Simon G .... i don't understand prd .. i was under the shower at the time this happened

Once it goes it needs a new one. Also need to check the reason for it activating.

Hi whilst taking a shower the water goes very hot after about 3 minutes then the low pressure light comes on and the water goes cold ,how can this be rectified ,many thanks Joann .

Hi whilst taking a shower the water goes very hot after about 3 minutes then the low pressure light comes on and the water goes cold ,how can this be rectified ,many thanks Joann .

Hello. You need to register on this forum with a user name, to receive advice.

Flow Pressure sensor, pin hole in diaphragm stabilizer valve seal. triton_stabiliser_valve_assembly_7.0kw_82600720.jpg

You'll find more up to date threads than this in the main Pluming Forum. But I'm reply to this so we bump it up the list and get the pages indexed correctly because of the new update we've had. So just ignore this if it's all old news.

If you do reply, keep it polite and professional. You can disagree with the above posts, and just be professional with your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Triton electric shower problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock