Search the forum,

Discuss Trouble removing plug release/ overflow cover. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

38153360-5964-41FF-ABC0-310354D6DB30.jpeg

I can’t seem to remove this plug release/ overflow cover. I need to tighten the screw which makes the plug pop up, there is no access through the cover, I have tried prying it off and twisting it, am I missing something obvious or just need more brute force? When I apply pressure it does pull on the wall of the bath which I do not want to break. Thanks in advance.

There is normally either a screw holding it in place. Or it pulls off but it may be scaled up.

A4A92D10-34EA-4646-9E5D-F24F22FD50BB.jpeg I managed to get it off the cover off with some wiggling and soap but now it seems there is. I tightening screw, is this fixable or do I need to replace the whole lot? Cheers

if your plug is not raising and lowering there may be two things the plug will have a longish bolt with lock nut this may have come loose and just needs the length adjusting and the locknut tightened, or the mechanism has broken dwon at the waste and you will need to change the whole mechanism unless it can be repaired.

I’ve seen online there is a little screw in the thread to make the plug mechanism work which works loose sometimes, the picture I posted is how the thread is all the way round.
The screw if you have one will be inside the part you have removed. If it isn’t you probably need a whole new kit. Turn the brass spindle by hand and shine a torch into the plug hole with the plug removed and see if you can see the paddle lifting up and down. If not you have your answer

The screw if you have one will be inside the part you have removed. If it isn’t you probably need a whole new kit. Turn the brass spindle by hand and shine a torch into the plug hole with the plug removed and see if you can see the paddle lifting up and down. If not you have your answer
Cheers, there’s no movement and you can feel it almost catching when you turn the release so I reckon it sounds like the whole lot needs changing. Cheers for your answers guys.

Reply to Trouble removing plug release/ overflow cover. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock