Search the forum,

Discuss TRV on all rads but one which is turned off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a new combi boiler fitted 2 weeks ago. We also had all new rads put in with TRVs. Except one.
This one is in a bedroom and got very hot I understand that this is the bypass rad. My other half who sleeps in there turned it off. Will this have an effect on our boiler? Can we run it without that rad on?

I do have the person who fitted boiler and rads coming tomorrow afternoon for something.

I just want to ask peoples advice on here. is there a little device that can be fitted to a rad that is the bypass one so that it does not get to hot. I cant use bathroom rad as one as it would be like the sahara in there as it is only a small bathroom.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Boiler is Ideal Independent C24

Thanks Guys

Thankyou are they standard size and fit everything.
What is the normal price for these. Also what do they look like.
Just want to make sure I know what is what.
I don't think he would pull wool over my eyes but you never know.
Can you regulate rad temp with this?
Thankyou

Thankyou are they standard size and fit everything.
What is the normal price for these. Also what do they look like.
Just want to make sure I know what is what.
I don't think he would pull wool over my eyes but you never know.
Can you regulate rad temp with this?
Thankyou

Building regs say bedrooms should have TRV's

He could fit an auto bypass as Simon said.

No you cannot regulate temp with it. It will be installed into the pipe work probably near the Boiler. Your installer will set that and it is not user adjustable.

Once that is in you can put a TRV on the rad that doesn't have one.

Just for info purposes, the TRV's don't regulate the temperature of the radiator, they just give that impression by the way they control them.

Last edited:
so is the bedroom fitted with a room stat?
what about the lounge??

nothing should get to hot as the system will turn off if it is set up right
boiler interlock

I have a thermostat in the hall but I dont think it is connected now as it was for our last boiler.

The plumber is not coming today so may have to find another one to come and do it. The rad in bedroom is turned off. I think the next best one to use would be hallway.
I did speak to the plumber yesturday and he said he would see what he could do. hopefully it will get sorted soon.
If not any plumbers/gas safe people out there that can help. London area. Plus not to expensive. Plus I would like the boiler checked to see if it is ok, just being over worrying I think.

UPDATE: Plumber came back today. Made bathroom towel rail Bypass which suits me as the landing upstairs is always cold, and the bathroom is small and gets cold. Plus I can dry my washing on it when it is on.

I am in the summer going to change this and make hallway bypass and fit wireless thermostat.
This can be done when I have a new bathroom fitted.
Plumber did not have right valve to cap off so adapted one. But its fine no one will touch it.
Plus it is covered so no one can catch theirselves on it.
If I wanted to put a proper cap on it without touching the thing that is open, where would I get one and can i pop it straight on?

Brilliant site this very helpful.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to TRV on all rads but one which is turned off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock