Search the forum,

Discuss Two Pressure Valves, Which to Believe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I have two pressure valves on my central heating system. One is built into the boiler and the other is separate, located less than a meter away.

IMG_20181014_194743.jpg

Both go up and down with the heating, but both show different values and are out by about 0.5 bar. The one built into the boiler is always lower than the other. Should I care, which should I trust or is the difference too little to worry about? Thank you.

i would trust/ go on the higher one eg the one not in the boiler

Get somebody to replace one to see if that then shows same pressure reading.
Then if it doesn’t, swap the removed gauge with the other original. :)

I should point out that some gauges have different size threads

If this is when the Boiler is running, it is possible that they are effected by their position in relation to the pump.
If not, then I would drain the system and see what they are like with zero pressure. Or as above, test with a calibrated Gauge.

Reply to Two Pressure Valves, Which to Believe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock