Discuss Ufh mixing valve and boiler flow temperature in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I have a combi boiler that supplies hot water to two ufh manifolds. We only have ufh and no radiators. I am trying to find the most efficient way to heat our home. What would your recommendations be on the following ways to set our system up.

A) Set the ufh mixer to max so it isn't doing anything, and use the boiler flow temp to regulate the temperature of the water flowing around the system. I can then set the flow temperature to 30-45 degrees. I understand this will give lower response times so I will likely need the boiler to be on for longer, if not most of the time.

B) Set the ufh mixer to 30-45 degrees and the boiler flow temperature to 55 degrees. I assume I will have the same situation as A and have to have the ufh on for longer but the boiler will heat the manifold supply less often as some of the heat will return to the boiler

C) set the ufh mixing valve to max so it doesn't do anything and set the boiler to 50 degrees and run the heating hotter but for less time, restricting run times to when needed.

Any advice welcome!

Thanks

Set the ufh mixer to 30-40 / what the design ufh temp is set the boiler flow to 40 so you have protection on the ufh if for any reason the boiler goes hotter

Now if you have thermal protection kit on the ufh manifold you can remove the mixer part if you want but you need to think about your combi pump head and if this is strong / big enough etc

Reply to Ufh mixing valve and boiler flow temperature in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Do people with this type of mixed flow temperature control have any problems with achieving the required manifold flow temperature? The one below...
Replies
Views
Good morning, wondered if anyone can advise please on a resolution? My set up at home is that I have a 4-bed detached with 21 radiators...
Replies
Views
Are there fundamental differences in some of these TMVs?. The attached one, below, would seem to be the better type where a shuttle moves to...
Replies
Views
A
I have a UFH manifold from Wundatrade with a Grundfos pump. The pump feed has a mixing valve which has a hot inlet from the thermal store, and a...
Replies
Views
J
We’ve had a UFH system installed as part of our home renovation which is run alongside our existing radiators. Some of it is in rooms with LVT...
Replies
Views
JSlippy
J
Back