Search the forum,

Discuss UKPlumbersForums.co.uk Now Running HTTPS Instead of HTTP in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I just have a few more tweaks to do, but we're now running on HTTPS instead of HTTP. Which is more secure and prevents the likes of 'man in the middle' attacks when you're out and about browsing our forums.

Note that we also allow two-step verification for logging in too. So that you get notified if somebody else tries to login as you.

And we Google Web Services for our own in-house emails, rather than our own mail server. And we us Amazon Web Services for the forum auto-emails, rather than our own mail server. So that nobody can gain access via those either.

We use CloudFlare Web Protection services to route all traffic via to get checked before loading the website, which keeps the baddies away.

So all that combined makes us genuinely one of the most secure websites online. We pass with flying colours all tests I can find. :)

So all that combined makes us genuinely one of the most secure websites online.
Excellent.

One possible snag or side-effect is that I seem to have to login to ukp far more frequently than previously. I'm used to having to re-login once a month but it's become a daily occurence recently. Not a huge problem in the grand scheme of things but mildly irritating.

If this is not a known problem, I'll pay more attention to how often it happens and see if I can pin down what's triggering the behaviour.

Excellent.

One possible snag or side-effect is that I seem to have to login to ukp far more frequently than previously. I'm used to having to re-login once a month but it's become a daily occurence recently. Not a huge problem in the grand scheme of things but mildly irritating.

If this is not a known problem, I'll pay more attention to how often it happens and see if I can pin down what's triggering the behaviour.

Make sure you have the keep me logged in checked / ticked

Make sure you have the keep me logged in checked / ticked

I do check it but next time I'm asked to login it shows up as unchecked. (Using Safari 10.1.2 on Mac OS 10.12.6)

Not a biggie, but I though Dan might be interested.

I do check it but next time I'm asked to login it shows up as unchecked. (Using Safari 10.1.2 on Mac OS 10.12.6)

Not a biggie, but I though Dan might be interested.

Do you clear your cookies each day ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to UKPlumbersForums.co.uk Now Running HTTPS Instead of HTTP in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock