Search the forum,

Discuss Unable to lower boiler flow temperature. in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

J

John W

Hi. Just got a new Worcester Bosch 28cdi. The central heating temperature control will only turn clockwise from the "e" point which is 62 degrees to the maximum which is 85 degrees. It will not turn anti-clockwise from the "e" point to decrease the temperature. The manual says the "e" point provides guidance for the maximum temperature for optimum energy efficiency. It also says it can be set between 30 and 82 degrees. Can anybody explain this please?

Your house will be built for a certain flow temperature for your boiler. Changing this may result in not being able to heat your house properly during the winter. It could also lower your cylinder temperatures resulting in running out of hot water and not achieving the desired 60*c once a week to prevent legionnaires. Your engineer will be best to analyse if that would work for you and how best to achieve it, there could be cost savings in doing that.

In terms of the dial its self; I can't remember if there is a stop at e and it needs just a small click to get it past. If not then just give Worcester a call as their service is great and its obviously still under warranty.

Reply to Unable to lower boiler flow temperature. in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock