Search the forum,

Discuss Unable to reduce Old grey waste pipe to 32mm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
Bit of a novice with piping! I had to move my washing machine, and the new location has old grey waste pipe o/d 40mm, I/d about 36mm. I'm trying to reduce this to 32mm so I can hook up my 32mm drain waste to it. I bought a 40mm-32mm reducer and it's won't fit in. Any advice as to the best thing to buy? I guess it's due to old pipes, but really not sure best bet.

Cheers.

Just use a washing machine stand pipe will connect straight to the pipe via a compression 11/2

I wouldn't reduce it down to 32mm washing machines need 11/2

Or a compression coupler if the pipe needs to be extended. Make sure the pipe is clipped though if you are extending.

FloPlast WC38 Universal Compression Waste Reducer White 40mm x 32mm

I'd guess you bought push fit, not one of the above.

Solvent weld pipe is slightly bigger o/d than push fit waste pipe.
You can get push fit adaptors for solvent to push fit, or just use a compression fitting as said in above posts. Keep it 1 1/2"

Any makers name on old pipe, could be some from a DIY outlet and for some reason nothing else will fit, same as push fit, some was made with a different kind of plastic so you cant glue onto it ! \so as others have mentioned use the compression type of fitting then this will adept to new size pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unable to reduce Old grey waste pipe to 32mm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Trying to connect up new 40mm waste into the old soil stack (which would be an absolute pain to remove), it's all Osma pipe, from the 70s. Pulled out the old waste from the boss and discovered the seal is pretty knackered, hardened and cracked everywhere (red coloured seal in the photo)...
Replies
Views
Hi, came across this old push fit waste pipe. Stripped out the old shower and it was a 40mm waste pipe siliconed in the fitting. The fittings at floor level so I’d be looking to bend (90 degrees) straight away so I can get the lowest possible shower tray. Could someone advise what I could...
Replies
Views
Evening all. Not sure if this is the most appropriate place to post this in the forum, happy to move if not. I'm looking for a metallic 32mm matt black waste pipe, to match up with a matt back trap. The pipe that comes with the trap is 400mm, which isn't long enough for my installation. I'd...
Replies
Views
Hiya - posting in this forum as I'm guessing this relates to my neighbour above's boiler, but I may be wrong so please say if so. Basically the attached pix and vids show my issue. I've got a small copper-looking pipe protruding from the wall above my rear tenement bedroom. It's dripping almost...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Have got an old 60/70s PVC soil stack, the Toilet is going into a Hunter branded socket which has an old O-ring design (quite flat with 3 or 4 ribs on it). It's painted in a fetching pink/purple colour in the photo. Tried to revive it with some grease before inserting a short length of...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock