Search the forum,

Discuss Unconfigured PCB on ideal logic combi 30 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
New member here. And I would appreciate some help re my ideal combi boiler. I have no water heating and no central heating working and getting F9 as the status in the boiler which according to the Manuel is an unconfigured PCB.
I’ve tested the fuse and it was fine.
I just wanted to ask would ordering a new PCB from ebay and fitting it myself solve this?

Nope it won't and you need the services of a gas safe engy

Unsure about warranty. Boiler was installed by carillion in January 2013. I moved into property in 2016. So a new PCB won’t fix this then?

Unsure about warranty. Boiler was installed by carillion in January 2013. I moved into property in 2016. So a new PCB won’t fix this then?

you cant fix it either way sorry to say

need to be gas safe to do anything on a boiler these days (repair)

That’s fair enough.
Just for the record thou, I’m not touching any gas carrying parts I would simply be swapping plugs over like for like on new board which I was told I don’t need to be gas safe to do and is relatively easy.

That’s fair enough.
Just for the record thou, I’m not touching any gas carrying parts I would simply be swapping plugs over like for like on new board which I was told I don’t need to be gas safe to do and is relatively easy.

the pcb is the brain so how are you going to be setting the gas components up with the old or new board

and you need to be gas safe to remove the cover to the boiler

How would you check the case seal is intact after removing the cover and it's burning correctly after replacing parts?

Check the seal with a match don’t you?

Thanks for your reply’s anyway. Got kids in the house so been really put off by the reply’s, clearly more dangerous than I first thought.
Will just bite the bullet and get someone gas registered.

Depending on boiler it could have a 7 year warranty, call ideal they will tell you.

Glad you have decided to call in a GSR engineer. You are correct it is not as easy as you think. Its not just plugging it in. Upon installation of a PCB you must immediately check the gas rate, the o2%, Co2 ppm the Ratio to name but a few and adjust as necessary. Not to mention checking the case seal for negative draft when it's all put back together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unconfigured PCB on ideal logic combi 30 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock