Search the forum,

Discuss Underfloor heating challenge in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paulfewell

Hi we are looking to install wet underfloor heating but only have 40mm of depth to play with as this is the existing screed depth which we plan to take up. The screed is currently supported by concrete floor. With such small depth to play with can anyone suggest an ideal solution for insulation/pipes/screed system.? Thanks

I would have a word with u heat 01394384077 there on the web

You will probably find out that with that depth of screed, you will have to run the pipes closer to each other.

So, if you run your pipes at 200mm centres, you will need to run them at 100mm centres.

Double the pipework, but at least you will have a system that operates and performs.

Hi there,

we could offer you our Ultraslim system which is only 18mm thick (same as 20p coin).
Heavy boards are made from recycled gypsum, paper and water, mixed in an 80%- 20% ratio to produce homogeneous, dense sheet material that is cured, they are pre grooved for 12mm pipe which will be spaced at 150mm.

Engineered wood (floating floor) and tiles can be laid directly on top.
Parquet (if glued down to the surface) and carpet would require 6-9mm plywood or chipboard overboarding.

It's a very quick installation method, boards can be fixed by low expansion fixing foam (which we also supply) which dries in 1hour.

If you would require some more details or would like me to do a quote for you please feel free to contact me and I'll be happy to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Underfloor heating challenge in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock