Search the forum,

Discuss Underfloor Heating Options. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonG

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Been to look at a job this afternoon. Workshop being converted into a house.

Current floor is 3" concrete on top of 3" of kingspan.

Customers looking for best options.

I was thinking of an overlay system to directly on top of concrete floor.

Opinions?

I would think the same if they can take the height rise

The only concern for me is the insulation.

They have allowed for 3 to 4" floor height increase.

What are they looking at for floor covering ?

Engineered oak flooring throughout the ground floor and tiles in the bathroom.

Engineered oak flooring throughout the ground floor and tiles in the bathroom.

Overlay then

You could marmox insulation board it first with 20mm depending on how thick your panels are

For extra insulation

But don’t forget due to wooden oak floor you will loose quite a bit of heat I believe it was about 23-26watts on a meter square. I was wrong before so don’t judge if I am a little wrong.

Been to look at a job this afternoon. Workshop being converted into a house.

Current floor is 3" concrete on top of 3" of kingspan.

Customers looking for best options.

I was thinking of an overlay system to directly on top of concrete floor.

Opinions?
Perhaps gypsum boards with ready grooved runs for the pipe. On top of it you could use self levelling compound and then oak wood on top. Uheat is very good with the low profile ufh

Why o why use engineered oak on top of underfloor heating its got to be the worst conductor of heat there is, theres a maximum floor tempreture you can heat the stuff to aswell , may look good to start with but gaps will soon open up and the planks will swell and will become uneven , a far better option would be a overlay system with a cement based board on top with either a tiled finish or a Karndean type floor finish these look really good when done professionally hard to tell the difference from a wooden floor . cheers kop

Why o why use engineered oak on top of underfloor heating its got to be the worst conductor of heat there is, theres a maximum floor tempreture you can heat the stuff to aswell , may look good to start with but gaps will soon open up and the planks will swell and will become uneven , a far better option would be a overlay system with a cement based board on top with either a tiled finish or a Karndean type floor finish these look really good when done professionally hard to tell the difference from a wooden floor . cheers kop

You can lead a horse to water.......

Customer is always right :D and aslong as they don't get you to lay the top floor, it's down to the floor layers to tell them finally

Got to dissagree with you there Shaun i have actually done this fitting 20mm underfloor heating under a junker wooden floor nightmare bud and most definately would not do it again luckily for me a heating consultant did the design and it was fitted as manufacturers instructions, client was the guy whos company fits the cameras to Formula 1 racing cars so had the last say but it did cause alot of bad feeling when it all went pear shape and we all took a financial hit on the job, so why take put yourself in that position ? Simon put it in writing that you do not recommend they do this cover your back mate thats all i am saying. Best of luck with it kop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Underfloor Heating Options. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, I'm considering having my heating system controlled by Honeywell Evohome. I have a question about the underfloor heating controller.... I have a single zone water underfloor heating in the kitchen. The controller is currently a Wunda. I've never been all that happy with it because...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and plasterboard celling. I have got unvented pressurized RM Cylinders hot water system with 27KW Worchester gas boiler with expansion vessels . When...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Hi all, I wanted to ask a general question about an underfloor heating system our plumber is proposing and if this solution will be sufficient to heat the rooms. We have only a woodburning stove (15kW nominal output) that heats our open plan lounge/kitchen/diner directly (6.5kW from the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have I blend valve from Nu-Heat ( they bought it from Reliance, as per attached spec). I have dismantled the valve now 3 times and replaced it with new components from Nu-Heat but the valve is not working properly. The valve replacement seems very simple with 4 main components and some...
Replies
Views
I'm attending a wet underfloor heating system, it's an old one ..No flow meters, just adjustable valves on the returns with conventional actuators. Problem is , one loop (far right in photo) isn't heating the floor (timber suspended) . I've bled the loop via a hosepipe, shut off all the other...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock