Search the forum,

Discuss Underfloor heating problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tomcat2006

Dear All,

Can I have some advise please.

I have recently installed a one room wet, pumped single manifold underfloor heating kit for my conservatory of 10m2. I have a conventional Baxi open vented boiler. I am aware that the underfloor heating should run on its own separate supply from the boiler with its own port valve but unfortunately was not possible. The kit I have is designed to "T" off from the radiator flow & return and although I know this isn't an ideal setup it runs really nicely. All the radiators in my house are running normally, accept the large vertical rad that I've "T'd" off from. The other radiator which is also running off this particular feed, and is much smaller is operating normally.
I can feel the flow to this vertical rad is hot, but the return is cold.
I'm assuming that the pump for the underfloor supply is drawing all the hot water away from it which is preventing it from gaining temperature.

Before I look at changing my rad options in my kitchen is there anything I can do to allow this vertical rad to heat up also. Is it a case of re-balancing?

Many thanks in anticipation.

Last edited by a moderator:
re balance system, dont be surprised if you burn your feet and if the floor is tiled it may well suffer from cracking in the long term.

Thank you for your advise. It does have a mixer valve & thermostat so would that still happen?

make sure you set the mixer to keep heat output low or youll have problems

Ok thank you. Do you think that this is still a balancing issue even though the pump for the underfloor circuit is close to the vertical rad?

i would expect the pump to be taking the hw flow fm the rad so it is balancing problem as such

Thanks for your advise, I'll try that and let you know! :waving:

Can be a common problem, try turning the pump on the manifold down to create less draw.

I don't know, I'm assuming it involves removing the header tank for the boiler and fitting a filling loop with expansion vessel? If that's all I guess not....I had images of removing the hot water cylinder and fitting a pressurised one...that is expensive, but we're not talking about hot water here.

Am I on the right line?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Underfloor heating problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock