Search the forum,

Discuss Underfloor heating system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

markyg

Hi, im doing a barn conversion and want to install underfloor heating downstairs and rads upstairs. The floor area is 150m2 downstairs with 8 rooms. i have priced up a few systems hep2o, speedfit, etc and some other not known brands and the price difference is ridiculous.. ranging from £1k to £6k !! Actually the 1k kit seems quite good? just wondered if any of u have fitted the cheaper systems and are they ok? or are there any systems u would defo recommend? any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated as i know absolutely nothing about underfloor heating. Many thanks mark

Look at the quality and type of pipe, then quality of pump and thermoelectric valves.

Look at who provides warranty for the pipe and associated fittings and where they are based.

Find out how many suppliers stock the pipe.

Nothing worse than, in a few years, trying to find fittings for a pipe that doesn't exist anymore or finding the only contact the supplier had was an email address.

Thanks, had a look and the spec is as follows :

- A-Rated Low Energy Grundfos 15-50/60 pump
- Professional Grade 5 Layer Pex-Al-Pex pipe -- WRAS Approved
-
System Includes:
-- "A" Rated Low Energy Grundfoss 3 Speed Circulation Pump
-- Automatic Temperature Control Unit & Thermomix Blending Valve
-- 16mm PEX-AL-PEX 5 Layer Underfloor Heating Pipe x 800 metres
-- 8 Zone Dualmix Manifold -- Including: Manifold Isolating Valves x 2 - Temperature Guage x 2 - Lockshields with flow meters on each port - Drain/fill valves with blank cap x 2 - Automatic air vent x 2 - Metal fixing brackets x 2
-- Heatmiser Digital Programmable Thermostat - 7 Day
-- Perimeter Insulation Roll x 75 metres
-- Pipe Reaming Tool
-- Pipe Clips
-- Pipe Connector Cores x 16

Does this seem any good to you?

floor heating warehouse....seems way cheaper than any other? im sure there must be a catch but cant for the life of me see it!

Not sure mate but it's wras approved? Wudnt any 16mm pipe be the same or do they deliberately make it slightly different so u have to buy from the same company?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Underfloor heating system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock