Search the forum,

Discuss Underfloor Heating & towel rad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I am having water underfloor heating installed in a one bed new build flat.
I intend to have three zone. Kitchen/Lounge, Bedroom & Hall/Bathroom. My problem is that I want to install a heated towel rad in the bathroom.
What is the best way to acheive this. I have a three port manifold. I don’t really want to have another thermostat for one rad.
I am using the Heatmiser UH4 control panel which I know can control rads as well as the underfloor heating but it feels a bit over the top to have four thermostats in a one bed flat.
I have considered using an electric rad or maybe putting Lounge/Kitchen & Hall/Bathroom on the same thermostat then using the other stat for the rad.

Is it finished eg floor down ?

I'd just stick a TRV on the bathroom towel rail and have it piped to be 'always on' whenever any of the other zones are on.

Get a dual fuel rail so you can dry towels in the summer, but remember that in the current market, the runnings costs of electric heating can be roughly five times those of gas.

If you are installing UFH in a flat that is not on the ground floor, make sure the insulation between you and your downstairs neighbour is good or you will be paying their heating bill as well as your own.

No not finished yet. Pipe laid today screed going down Thursday.

I would run a set of pipe to where the towel rad is going then back to the manifold and then you can decide if you want it on the manifold or off the system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Underfloor Heating & towel rad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I wanted to ask a general question about an underfloor heating system our plumber is proposing and if this solution will be sufficient to heat the rooms. We have only a woodburning stove (15kW nominal output) that heats our open plan lounge/kitchen/diner directly (6.5kW from the...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'm considering having my heating system controlled by Honeywell Evohome. I have a question about the underfloor heating controller.... I have a single zone water underfloor heating in the kitchen. The controller is currently a Wunda. I've never been all that happy with it because...
Replies
Views
Hello all and hope everyone is well, New to the forum and would be very grateful for any expert help. I live in a small flat that has underfloor heating zones in living, bedroom and bathroom. Unfortunately, the floor no longer heats up when I activate the bedroom and living room zones...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper pipes) and having serious issues with banging pipes only when central heating is on. Not when running taps We have a wall in living room that has stop tap...
Replies
Views
I have started fitting new radiators in my house. The lounge kitchen gets very cold in the winter and is a big room that has previously had an extension put on it and is 19.5 metres by 6.5 metres with a 2.25metre high ceiling. I started by replacing an old radaitor with a 1200x 600mm K2. Which...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock