Search the forum,

Discuss Universal plume management kit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmph

Gas Engineer
Hi all. First time poster, long time reader. I just wanted to check people's thoughts on this item: convent plus retrofit plume management kit
Retro-fit plume management kit (60mm) - Mr Central Heating
I was offered one in my local merchants today, instead of the manufacturers own part. It was roughly half the price of the branded Ideal plume kit but I didn't want to risk fitting a non-mauacturer approved part.
So, I was wondering, has anyone fitted one of these kits?
Or was I right to stay away from a one size fits all type of part?

Also, a belated thank you to all those whose posts I have read in the past, have been quite a few tips and tricks picked up over the past couple of years

I would stick to manufacturers parts
The next person along might AR it

Hi Scott, thanks for the reply. Yeah that was my thinking too, just wasn't sure if I was being overly cautious

i wouldnt risk it

If its a professional looking plume kit I bet nobody would know

I don't see how this is allowed to be sold, its a third party flue fitting not tested or made specifically for the boiler so it would be at risk and therefore not allowed to be installed in the first place...

They also all appear to be open ended with no guard, also at risk I think we can all agree on.

Thanks for your input, wasn't sure if there was some loophole that allowed them or if I'd missed something but glad I stayed clear. Wouldn't have looked good to customer if i had fitted one and it got AR'd next year

I don't see how this is allowed to be sold, its a third party flue fitting not tested or made specifically for the boiler so it would be at risk and therefore not allowed to be installed in the first place...

They also all appear to be open ended with no guard, also at risk I think we can all agree on.

That's the main thing that made my mind up tbh

dmph was self-certifying. He'd have known it wasn't right and that's what matters.

Yes agree pal , my point was if the plume kit looked ok , had decent looking brackets , was secured correctly . I will be honest I would not know if it was manufacturers spec, the ones I have fitted could have come from the same manufacturer.

probaly all made in same factory in china to be fair. but not manufacturer approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Universal plume management kit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock