Search the forum,

Discuss Unresponsive boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dysonico

Hi all, first time poster hoping for a bit of advice. Amateur so please bear with me!

I have an Ariston e combi evo boiler which was fitted just last year.

Woke up this morning to find no hot water in my flat. Checked the boiler to find not only was it not lighting but the screen was totally blank, and all lights, LEDs etc were off.

Checked mains power was on, fuse box was in order and changed the fuse in the boiler's mains connection for a new one.

Still zero response whatsoever, not even briefly when the new fuse was inserted.

Any suggestions as what might be the problem?

Thanks!

Are you sure that the new fuse you put into the boiler's fused spur or plug was a good one? If so, you've checked all you're allowed to do as a non Gas Safe registered person. Please now call a GSR to investigate as further testing will require the cover to be removed.

Good advice given. Put an ad here... [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unresponsive boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

This morning woke up to no central heating, but the hot water had been on earlier in the morning. I checked the programmer and it was indicating CH was on. Went to the room thermostat and it didnt click when rotated, but then started clicking without any input. I had a spare room thermostat...
Replies
Views
Dear All New member here, coming looking for help. A few weeks ago I had work carried out by a British Gas Homecare service technician. It required a drain and refill of the system, and as he left, he advised my I would need to bleed all the radiators, at some point, given a few days, when...
Replies
Views
Hello, Our boiler is an old (installed in 2005), Potterton Kingfisher (MF 40-100), using a pressurised system. It recently started short cycling, where the pump runs for a few seconds and then the green LED Flame indicator lights and a couple of seconds later both the pump and the LED stop. This...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical, carpentry it's been never ending. The house was built by Barratt Homes in the year 2000, it is a 3 bedroom house called a Palmerston, the CH/HW system is a Y...
Replies
Views
    • Friendly
I have a small pipe (Picture below) just above my boiler that I noticed yesterday has had a few drips of water come out of it, it was a fairly rainy day so thought it may be related, however thinking about it it may have been dripping for months. Searching the internet the suggestions are...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock